questions about crating

LittleLuka

Luka will be crated and i'm having some difficulty deciding on what kind of crate and what size to buy. I went to Hollywood Feed (good pet supplies store) and the lady that runs the place owns a husky. She recommended a size 36' for the crate. After reading a bunch of people's comments on here I see that I may need to buy a 42'. The major brand they sell is "icrate", I don't know if anyone has heard of that brand but it does have a double latch and she said she's had no problem with escape issues. :P

So any recommendations on size? I don't want him to be uncomfortable in this thing. I would also like to add that he won't be sleeping during nights in the crate, just during the day some when i'm at work. :)

Suka's not crate trained, but I know the following from what I've read on here:

- The crate should be big enough for your dog to lie down fully in, but not big enough that they would have enough room to pee in their crate. Dogs don't like to pee where they sleep, and quite frankly, I don't either!! LOL

- To make the above true, instead of buying multiple crates, you should buy one that comes with dividers and as your pup grows you can gradually make the space larger until she becomes an adult. So, buy a crate suited to fit her size as an adult (approx size, anyways) and then use the dividers to make it smaller.