Growth and Development

Lavs

Just wondering, a pup at 5 months is what % of its adult height/weight?

Sonoma now is 22lbs, or 9.9kg. There are websites I've seen that will estimate based on the current age and weight of a puppy what their adult weight will be, and my result for Sonoma is that she will only be around 29lbs, which is underweight for an female adult sibe. Just wondering if by a certain age they are almost done growing up and filling out and how you can guess how big they are going to be based on this. Is there even a way to guess or is it different for every dog?

They usually stop growing height wise by 7-9months but can still grow after this and stop growing completly by 24months x

Depending on your huskies lineage each one develops differently. Expect adult height to be obtained between 15-24mos, but maturity and full adult weight/build can take years. Tiko, the grand-sire to my line didn't come fully into his own until he was 4yrs. Denali is developing like Tiko, but Takoda his brother developed quickly and is just about adult dog at 17mos. A female Siberian should weigh between 35-50lbs. Any heavier and you have either a very over standard female or a sausage.

Yes, each one will grow differently - it's been my experience that most of my "line" tend to get their height early (usually most of it by around 6-7 months), but then take until they're 4 or 5 until they really fill out. My youngest, Zeke, however, was still quite a shrimp at 6 or 7 months, and it was only a couple of months later that he really got a growth spurt - he's now a pretty good-sized boy! I'm not sure how much he weighs - less than I'd like him to, as he's still adolescent (at 20 months) enough that it's difficult to put weight on him.

Well from what I know, is that at 2 the dog should be getting to be around 75lbs to 85lbs. But 5 months old let me seeeee. He should be around 15lbs to 25lbs. He seems about the right weight, can you attach a photo of him to let me really see about his weight? Then I can really tell.

Nope, a 75-85 lb. Siberian would be either way over standard or very fat - or both! Maybe you have a Malamute in mind?

I'm not sure how much he weighs - less than I'd like him to, as he's still adolescent (at 20 months) enough that it's difficult to put weight on him.

That's where my boy is at 16mos....can't put an ounce on him right now, but that coat is finally deciding to fill back out after the dreaded first shed! He is a muscular squirt, wish he'd fill out some more :/

That's where my boy is at 16mos....can't put an ounce on him right now, but that coat is finally deciding to fill back out after the dreaded first shed! He is a muscular squirt, wish he'd fill out some more :/

Yeah, if I try to feed him more, he just gets soft stools or diarrhea - which actually causes him to lose weight! He never really shed out all the way last year, so I'm hoping he'll get a good blow in soon, and get a nicer coat in! He's black on his head and the front of his body, but his back and sides are red!

Yes, each one will grow differently - it's been my experience that most of my "line" tend to get their height early (usually most of it by around 6-7 months), but then take until they're 4 or 5 until they really fill out. My youngest, Zeke, however, was still quite a shrimp at 6 or 7 months, and it was only a couple of months later that he really got a growth spurt - he's now a pretty good-sized boy! I'm not sure how much he weighs - less than I'd like him to, as he's still adolescent (at 20 months) enough that it's difficult to put weight on him.

Nope, a 75-85 lb. Siberian would be either way over standard or very fat - or both! Maybe you have a Malamute in mind?

Your right Gigi, I'm tried and I just messed up on righting that I'm sorry for giving out the wrong info. Just been printing for the last HOURS and I wrote it wrong, your right a Siberian should weigh around 40lbs to 50lbs. And I am sorry Samantha for providing the wrong information.

Your right Gigi, I'm tried and I just messed up on righting that I'm sorry for giving out the wrong info. Just been printing for the last HOURS and I wrote it wrong, your right a Siberian should weigh around 40lbs to 50lbs. And I am sorry Samantha for providing the wrong information.

Mistakes happen - heaven knows I've made some before too! Just try to catch them before you post 'em!

So essentially that website is way off target, because over the next 7 months to year it is very unlikely in my mind that she will only gain another 7lbs. Smells like bologna. Her parents are both lean and don't weigh much, Dad is around 45lbs and mom is aoud 37lbs. Based on that I can't see her being all that big but you never know...