BOOM!!!!

BingBlaze n Skyla

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering I don't live on that side of the world...then no...I didn't hear a 'boom'. LOL

Might have been the military testing planes and their speed, hence the big boom. And, I would think meteors actually slow down when they enter our atmosphere (due to resistance and all that) so if anything it would have re-entered the barrier...?

The Ministry of Defence is investigating reports of a loud bang that has been heard across a large part of England.

Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service also said they were looking into what caused the mysterious noise heard at about 18:10 BST.

Reports have come from across the West Midlands, Warwickshire and Oxfordshire.

One Coventry resident said his house shook. "I thought somebody had thrown a brick through the window," he said.

The MoD said it was looking into reports of a loud bang in Oxfordshire.

There were reports of the noise being heard from as far apart as Bath, Swindon, Coventry, Rugby and Oxford.

Birmingham Airport dismissed suggestions the sound could have been caused by a sonic boom as a plane came in to land.

and 2 at the same time one heck of a bang....get them over her every now and then when the come back over from Germany and are allowed to use afterburner and low flying scares the heeby jeebies out of the dogs...

When the president was visiting Seattlea couple years ago a small personal plane came in the air space and freaked the secret service out. They had two jets scramble to intercept that caused two sonic booms. I was working at the time and seriously thought our roof was collapsing or something freaked everyone out.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/fighters-scramble-trigger-sonic-boom-after-seaplan/nKwhw/