Rigs, pulley systems, etc.

Husky Boy97

Hi, I have just joined this forum. I have always loved huskies and watch whatever I can about them. I have seen on TV before that some places and people use their huskies to pull rigs, sleighs, sleighs with wheels, etc. I just wondered if anyone on here uses their dogs for pulling things wether for excersing or working for a business sortof thing. If so can people please put up any pics of their dog/dogs pulling rigs, trolleys, etc. Also could you please say what it is for and what the technicial name for what the dog/dogs is pulling is

Thanks for any replies

:)

Timber, our 4 yr old Mal has done rig work with his previous owners but not with us yet. Molly (sibe) is too young 11 months) to do any real pulling but we train her on a bike in two ways. A 'walky dog' (dumb name) which is a stick that clamps to the bike seat post to let the dog run beside you - running not pulling, and attaching a longish lead to the handlebar stem for simple pulling / running practice. I did get hold of a wooden sledge but we didn't have any snow to speak of, so that is just sitting in the garden. I am planning to build a rig fairly soon, once my neighbour is ready to help. Some people have tried getting a dog to pull a car tyre behind them as a drag weight but we have not tried this.

There are some threads concerning working / showing your dogs here: http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/#work-play.43

I'm sure others will reply at some point