Kayak's Spring Day in the Garden

SA DA KA

This was Kayak's first full day outdoors. Getting around with only minimal assistance. His back legs are strengthening little, by little. It took us longer to get him back in, than for him to go out. So, as he enjoyed the garden, we did some flower bed cleaning. After being out for three hours, he is now "dead to the world asleep" under the coffee table aka. Kayak's "Man Cave".

post-11699-0-70879400-1399335384_thumb.j

post-6713-13586033442595_thumb.jpg

post-6713-1358603344572_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586033449379_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586033452521_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586033455528_thumb.jpg

He looks like a BIG fluffy bear, what happen to his legs, if you said anything about it I didn't know about, but I'm glad he is getting better.

Due to his decrease in thyroid function which was almost 90% non functioning, it affected his mobility. His back legs got it the worse, his muscle tone had decreased severely and also he lost a severe appetite so we puree'd chicken, raw egg yolk, DMG power, crush multi vitamin, mulit B Complex and we would syringe feed him until his appetite slowly started to return. Thank you for inquiring.

Husky Lovers in Vermont.:doglick:

Didn't know about that, I'm sorry, not to be rude but why is he so big?

This had to do with his thyroid. We posted a wonderful thread on thyroid. There are a couple others about Kayak and what he has gone through.

MAIN CHAT: Second Update for Kayak March 13, Kayak's Blood Results and Update GENERAL HEALTH: Road to Recovery (Kayak) March 24th, Welcome to my Morning March 16th.

We have posted this article before. Dog's, as people when thyroid isn't working you put on severe weight.

post-2303-0-79607800-1399457275.jpg

post-6713-13586033545196_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586033548233_thumb.jpg

He's so beautiful and its always good to see him enjoying himself after his recovery and everything the poor guy's been through, he certainly deserves to be happy like he is! In the one picture, he's enjoying that flower-so cute him enjoying everything in his surroundings, he notices it all!! Glad you had a wonderful spring day, Kayak!!

I don't know how I missed this! Bless his heart! I adore the pics, especially the one of him chewing up the stem. Is so good to see the light back in his eyes. He's so fortunate to have the pair of you to love him and take care of him during his golden years. You deserve angel wings!

I don't know how I missed this! Bless his heart! I adore the pics, especially the one of him chewing up the stem. Is so good to see the light back in his eyes. He's so fortunate to have the pair of you to love him and take care of him during his golden years. You deserve angel wings!

Thank you for such heart felt words. We would be proud to call you his "God Mother" :heartbeat: