can..............................?

GHOST R1D3R

I thought long and hard about this one before deciding, and what changed my mind about having two females is that I read somewhere online that the problem with two bitches is that if they fight, neither will give in and it can get very ugly. :( A male seems to back off from a female for some reason. That said, I guess it also depends on age, personality and other factors. If you have a bitch that is very maternal and a much younger sibe or mal, I would have thought that she'll just 'mother' the younger one.

I thought long and hard about this one before deciding, and what changed my mind about having two females is that I read somewhere online that the problem with two bitches is that if they fight, neither will give in and it can get very ugly. :( A male seems to back off from a female for some reason. That said, I guess it also depends on age, personality and other factors. If you have a bitch that is very maternal and a much younger sibe or mal, I would have thought that she'll just 'mother' the younger one.

well the wife was thinking like she does once a week :cup:and its not shopping week till tues :lolman:. from today we are leaving our currrent home and moving into our new house but we have to leave behind a 2 yr old gsd x rot who has been like her mother for the past 2 weeks. so the wife thinks she will need someone older to keep her company other than a family of 4. so its on the table to either get an unwanted older sib or mal

My two sib boys get along famously, my two girls have issues but there's a history to it. (illness) As I understand it two male mals are less likely to get along but as I said, I've no experience of that although I'm sure some on here have and can tell you first hand

Hmm...this is actually quite tricky because you have to think about the personality of your sibe first and what sort of personality would suite her. With Molly, her personality became 'concrete' at about 7 months and it was clear that because of her possessiveness, she'd need a very calm male. Mal's, I have read, tend to be more laid back than sibes but that is probably a generalisation.

If you have a very strong willed, excitable female you might want to consider a mal/sibe that is not so easily excitable otherwise they'll wind each other up!

well the wife was thinking like she does once a week :cup:and its not shopping week till tues :lolman:. from today we are leaving our currrent home and moving into our new house but we have to leave behind a 2 yr old gsd x rot who has been like her mother for the past 2 weeks. so the wife thinks she will need someone older to keep her company other than a family of 4. so its on the table to either get an unwanted older sib or mal

whoops, Freyja is slightly too young to welcome a new dog tho :confused: I mean, nothing's wrong with that but are you guys sure you can risk her training by welcoming a second baby? Especially if you want an older dog (which I presume.. equals shelter dog?) that may have several behavioral problems.. You know that the older dog's bad behaviors are "contagious" right? :P I'd say wait for a couple more months. At least after Miss Freyja is spayed :) two females in one house? Trouble. Two spayed females in one house? Less trouble :up:

Frey might cry at nights because she missed her big sister but she'll be OK in a few days time so don't you worry :D

back to the original question: can a female mal live together with a female husky? Yes, but I strongly recommend to keep an eye on the two ALL the time and crate them separately when you're not home. Every dog varies, but don't take the risk.

Maybe but even if we don't she will never be sprayed. We want our dogs to be as they would in it's natural state. Would you remove the venom glands of a rattle snake? No cos it's not right but that's my opinion

deffo don't forget pics on her first show ring then ;) not trying to say what you believe is wrong or things like that, but here's a link:

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/neuter-spay.37623/