How do you know the room temperature is good for you dogs?

aronoiiel

I seriously have no body fat and have circulatory problems with my blood so temperatures fluctuate dramatically for me. I am either extremely cold all the time, which is usual, or way to warm. With our individual bodies so different how can you tell your dog is comfortable in a room? I know panting usually is to hot but how do you know if they are to cold? I know with huskies that's an extreme most won't have in their houses lol but it's just a question that brought to mind. I don't have thermostats so I can't just put it at a temp and keep it that way :P

If Kiska is too hot she'll typically lay down stretched out, usually on a cold surface like the kitchen tiles. I don't worry too much about this though because she's known to lay down in front of fires, sunbath on hot days etc, so I don't think she's one that's likely to over heat :P When she's too cold she'll lay down in a tight ball with her nose tucked into her tail fluff, it's so cute :wub:

For a husky, you don't have to worry about them being too cold! They're built to withstand -40 C temperatures (with their winter coats, though!).

If you want a thermometer so you can see what the indoor temperature is...you can usually find cheap ones at Walmart.

I've never seen them too cold in the house! I don't think it's even possible! :P While they sometimes like a good warm snuggle session on the couch or curl into a nose-hiding ball on their bed, they don't often look for hot spots. More often they lay sprawled on the basement floor and/or find the coolest spot while I'm wrapped in a sweater and blanket! By the time they start panting they're already uncomfortably hot. In the winter mine typically only spend an hour or two at a time in the house before asking to go outside to cool off. In the summer they actually spend more time in the house where it's marginally cooler - or at least less humid - than outside.

I am the same, I'm never ever comfortable! Would rather deal with being a little chilly though, as I can easily warm up :) Anyway, Echo's got a lovely bed right next to a window, her window, and she doesn't want to miss a second of anything going on outside, so she's always there. It has an awful draft though, so I know she is cold when she decides to leave her window and snuggles on the bed with me. So, I'm assuming when she does sleep there, that's when she's most comfortable. When she is hot, she lays on the the hard floor, spread out, typically in the kitchen where the air conditioner is, if it's running, which it usually always is when it's 70+ degrees out.. I can't stand being hot, that's why I click with Huskies so well, hah!

LOL well that makes me feel tons better :) I always worry I'm not being a good dog owner cause it's usually chilly in here so I don't get to warm snuggling in my blankets :P I always get comments about how cool I leave the living room but honestly if it isn't like 30 outside I aint turning on the heat. There's no point when you got pups and blankets :P