So much for being a 'big' girl.........

Austinville

As you know, I've finally begun to allow Ryn to have roam of the house during the day - you remember how I bragged that she was such a big girl now. Left the cat to live another day, no chewing on the furniture.

Wellllllllllll...............

I discovered yesterday that while she may be a 'big girl' now, she's not a GOOD big girl! Went upstairs to find not one but TWO puddles and a big 'ol pile of poo in front of my bedroom door. So.............she's back in the crate again for a while until I figure out how to approach this. It's so unlike her.....I'm confused - though I bet that the daughter's dog had marked there first. Perfect. So now Ryn is 'jailed' again. Poor pup.

Betting she is po'd and will ignore me tonight when I get home.

Things could always be far worse! at least you didn't find the poop under a bare foot ;) My dogs don't pee or poop in the house. But we moved into this house just before christmas and all 3 of them did the pee and poop thing upstairs :mad: only once - We then found out the people that lived here before us had dogs.

So i'm guessing thats why. they dont do it now though

Dang it all...............just when I thought I had the world by the tail, so to speak!

Do you think she'd be ok if I just block her from the upstairs, or do you think she would just find another place to relieve herself????

Probably only one way to find out and that's to give it a try. That's what I did with Polee as she hated her crate and have never had any problems with her toileting in the house.

oops....I'd confine her to just your downstairs or maybe even a particular area for a week or so and see how she does. Then slowly expand her allowed territory if she proves to you that she can be trusted. We block off our stairway to the basement family room and shut the 3 bedroom doors upstairs so the girls are confined to the kitchen, living room and hallway. They have plenty of room to roam. Maybe Ryn just had an off day and couldn't hold it.....I'm sure she probably felt pretty bad about it. Give her another chance Mom....:D

As you know, I've finally begun to allow Ryn to have roam of the house during the day - you remember how I bragged that she was such a big girl now. Left the cat to live another day, no

Wellllllllllll...............

I discovered yesterday that while she may be a 'big girl' now, she's not a GOOD big girl! Went upstairs to find not one but TWO puddles and a big 'ol pile of poo in front of my bedroom door. So.............she's back in the crate again for a while until I figure out how to approach this. It's so unlike her.....I'm confused - though I bet that the daughter's dog had marked there first. Perfect. So now Ryn is 'jailed' again. Poor pup.

Betting she is po'd and will ignore me tonight when I get home.

Pee'd off as well I imagine.

Sorry, couldn't resist