A couple of interesting days (Warning - gory pics)

sutsibe

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Gigi,

So saddened:( to hear of this news and wishing Trooper a speedy:wub: recovery and may Rebel have a better flow without an infection. If there is anything that we may do for you, please call upon us.

Kayak sends Husky Hugs and speedy recovery.:doglick:

Husky Lovers in Vermont

post-11767-0-56561900-1399791028_thumb.j

post-6713-13586034213886_thumb.jpg

oh dear bless them. poor trooper.

good job youre working at the vets atm lol

It really is, although I don't get a discount (they may not charge me for certain things, such as an exam or something to help out...)

Wow - what a day! Sorry to hear about Trooper - hope he gets better soon!

One question:

What is baiting the water?

Baiting the water is adding something tasty to a bowl (or any container) of water to entice the dog to drink more. Mushers often use it when running their dogs to get them to consume enough water.

Thanks, everyone! Trooper seems to be more comfortable and getting around better - I worked on getting some of his coat out this afternoon, and he just lay there and enjoyed the attention! He goes back in tomorrow to have it looked at again, and possibly re-bandaged (at least this time he won't look so scruffy!). Rebel seems to be peeing more (Yaaaayyyy!), and my arm is doing ok. The antibiotics should help - we're all 3 getting yogurt to try to keep our guts functioning! :P

Dear Gigi,

So saddened:( to hear of this news and wishing Trooper a speedy:wub: recovery and may Rebel have a better flow without an infection. If there is anything that we may do for you, please call upon us.

Kayak sends Husky Hugs and speedy recovery.:doglick:

Husky Lovers in Vermont

[ATTACH=full]46986[/ATTACH]

Awwww, thanks - I appreciate that! LOVE the graphic, by the way!

WOW - Tough couple a days Gigi- Take care of those cat bites- they can get real nasty -(I'm sure you know that)

Hope Trooper heals fast-

It's funny how dogs don't seem to care about our bad economic times. Seems like that's when the ***t flies

Hope all heals fast.

Thanks, everyone! Troop is pretty sedate again today. I took him back in again, and we changed his bandages - still pretty angry looking, but it seems to be healing fairly well. He'll go back with me on Monday, and we'll take another look! If anyone has a need to bandage a rather nasty wound (person, dog or horse!), diapers work wonders! He's quietly sleeping in his crate, now!

Wow Gigi, I didn't realize Trooper's injuries were that extensive. Poor guy! How is Rebel's UTI coming along?

(((((Gigi))))) Take a deep breath and remember--this too shall pass.

Thanks! :) Rebel seems to be doing better - he's drinking more and peeing more too, which is good! :yahoo:

Thanks, everyone! Troop is pretty sedate again today. I took him back in again, and we changed his bandages - still pretty angry looking, but it seems to be healing fairly well. He'll go back with me on Monday, and we'll take another look! If anyone has a need to bandage a rather nasty wound (person, dog or horse!), diapers work wonders! He's quietly sleeping in his crate, now!

Thanks! :) Rebel seems to be doing better - he's drinking more and peeing more too, which is good! :yahoo:

Gigi, thank you so much for sharing a quick bandage solution. You always seem to give all of us here some great advice and ideas. Speedy recovery to Trooper, rest and sleep well, little guy.

Gigi, thank you so much for sharing a quick bandage solution. You always seem to give all of us here some great advice and ideas. Speedy recovery to Trooper, rest and sleep well, little guy.

Hey, great ideas - wherever I find them - are fun to share! :P

Aw, Gigi!! What a rough few days!! So glad to hear Trooper's on the mend, that looks so nasty :( & Rebel, keep drinking that water, pooch!! :D

Gigi, wishing you & your work colleagues a speedy recovery from the cat bites too - that cat REALLY knew what was coming :jawdrop:

:rofl: Thanks, Val! Not so sure about that - I'm personally convinced he was just a nasty guy - you should have seen him throwing himself at Tressa's leg! She has bite wounds on the shin, and claw marks on the back of her calf! :jawdrop:

Warning - 1 picture that some may find a bit gross in this posting! I made it thumbnail sized, so you won't get the full effect unless you want to look at it more closely...

Well, it's been a week and a half, and I haven't updated until now on how we're all doing - oops! Rebel seems to be doing well - putting good stuff in water twice daily for him has really helped to get him to drink more...

Trooper's leg is improving, if somewhat slowly - there was so much damage to the tissue that healing is taking some time. He's had several changes of bandage, and when we did it on Tuesday, you could see that there was lots of new tissue growth, and the nasty stuff was finally gone. He's also starting to use the leg more, which is good. When he lays around in the crate too long, I notice that his toes tend to swell a bit on the bandaged leg, even though I checked to see that the bandage isn't too tight. (Once he's moving around a bit more, it improves.) Here's a picture of how it was doing when we changed the bandage on Wednesday - 9 days after the initial injury.

[ATTACH]48109[/ATTACH]

I, however, haven't been doing as well after my battle with the cat - the cat definitely won! I was put on an antibiotic the same day (Tuesday), and was doing fine for several days. On Friday, I felt a little off, but decided I was just tired from the crazy week. Saturday showed a little swelling in my arm, and Sunday a little more - I felt it was most likely due to inflammation in the muscle tissue, but had the doctor look at it again on Monday. We gave it one more day, and I had him look at it again - by then it was quite swollen and sore! We changed antibiotics, and it has been (very!) slowly improving since then. I'm anxious for the swelling to go away, as it itches and is uncomfortable! I've also noticed a decrease in appetite with the new antibiotic, which is kind of nice!

post-1869-13586036452132_thumb.jpeg

:( Gosh that still looks horrible poor boy. Glad to hear he is healing ok though and I'm very glad to hear Trooper is flowing good :D So sorry to hear your own war wounds aren't doing well. Cat bites and scratches are horrid things >_< I hope this new antibiotic gets you on the right and true track to fast healing :grouphug:

:( Gosh that still looks horrible poor boy. Glad to hear he is healing ok though and I'm very glad to hear Trooper is flowing good :D So sorry to hear your own war wounds aren't doing well. Cat bites and scratches are horrid things >_< I hope this new antibiotic gets you on the right and true track to fast healing :grouphug:

Thanks - the only other time I have been bitten, it was by a cat, too. He was fed up by the time I pushed (literally!) about the 9th pill down his throat, and finally let me know he'd had enough (he'd been incredibly good and patient - up until then!)! Hopefully, it will - it does seem to be helping, although I'm still swollen tonight, it's the areas right around the punctures that are swollen the most...

Damned filthy cats! I hope the new antibiotic works quickly!

Damn, that leg looks good, but, well, still awful!

LOL, you know, I really quite like cats, in general (most of them, anyway), but this one... no, not very fond of this one at all! :P He was not a nice little kitty - at all! :whistling:

I understand what you're saying - it still looks pretty horrible, but very much improved over how it did look! He's feeling better, but at the moment, is mad because I tossed him back out in the kennel, as I have to go in to work for the morning (a rare Saturday)... If he lays in a crate too long, the paw on his wrapped foot tends to swell up.

Wishing you and yours less stress, better health, effective medication and a ceasation to itching (witch hazel or hemroid pads used to clean the effected area will work a might bit better than a lot of other creams). Things will mellow out just you wait!!!

Srsly...you gotta wait.

I can't believe I missed this post... way too busy, I guess.

I hope you both are getting better - cats can get really nasty in a nanosecond! Bites seem to take forever to heal, too.

Here you go, Gigi, to make you feel a bit better:

post-11912-0-35320700-1401473521.jpg

post-5551-13586036548681_thumb.jpg