A couple of interesting days (Warning - gory pics)

sutsibe

I am so glad to hear you are both on the mend and hope the itchiness and odd feeling in your arm disappears soon. Trooper does look a happy boy, not sure if it is because he has got his bandage off or because he's been having so much extra attention. What's happened to hiss left ear? Looks like he's doing a Wallyiver oops I mean Oliver and forgotten that he has two ears. Ollie's latest is to chase his tail and fall over!!! Unfortunately doesn't live up to being a husky as he's got no brains whatsoever, or if he does he's short of a synapse or three as the cells just don't communicate.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Kiana! My arm is doing quite a bit better, thanks! The wound is "compacting down", as the vet I work with says it... The swollen tissue is basically returning to normal-size, and it feels kind of weird at times. It's itchy, and still tender to the touch, but I think I'll live! :)

BAH! Don't give her any sympathy she had several warnings if she kept nibbling at her stitches she'd get coned again LOL. Glad to hear it's progressing well scary things those cat nibbles and scritches can be.

BAH! Don't give her any sympathy she had several warnings if she kept nibbling at her stitches she'd get coned again LOL. Glad to hear it's progressing well scary things those cat nibbles and scritches can be.

Bahaha! For a moment when I read this I thought you were talking about [MENTION=1869]sutsibe[/MENTION] !

I am so glad to hear you are both on the mend and hope the itchiness and odd feeling in your arm disappears soon. Trooper does look a happy boy, not sure if it is because he has got his bandage off or because he's been having so much extra attention. What's happened to hiss left ear? Looks like he's doing a Wallyiver oops I mean Oliver and forgotten that he has two ears. Ollie's latest is to chase his tail and fall over!!! Unfortunately doesn't live up to being a husky as he's got no brains whatsoever, or if he does he's short of a synapse or three as the cells just don't communicate.

It is improving - but still itchy! He was probably happy to get the hot, itchy bandage off, but the extra attention does appeal to him, too. His hear was just buried up under the cone - it's there, just bent under! He's another in whom the brain cells frequently don't communicate well...

I took the cone off Troop last night on trial, and he's done a pretty good job of leaving his leg alone, although I can see he's been licking at it somewhat. Here's an updated picture I took this afternoon - it's healing well!

Darn it - I can't edit this post to get rid of the first (redundant) picture!

post-1869-13586039867234_thumb.jpeg

post-1869-13586039869451_thumb.jpeg

Edited by sutsibe

• 4 weeks later...

Well, things continue to be a little too interesting at my house... When I went out to take care of my kennel crew on Sunday evening, I discovered Rebel had a badly injured tail! I had heard a bit of a commotion earlier, but hadn't gone to investigate, as it didn't last long... I'm pretty sure that his neighbor, Strider (same one that chewed on Trooper) for whatever reason, grabbed his tail through/under the kennel panel and injured it.:(

I had Becky (Austinville) come over and help me get a good look at it, and after a phone conversation with our vet, bandage it to protect it until he could be seen by one of the vets. I got antibiotics for him on Monday, but as it was a holiday, and I had it bandaged and had meds (pain meds, as well) for him, I didn't take him in until I went in to work on Tuesday. We had to sedate him to get a good look at it, and while it didn't really look any worse than it had on Sunday, it wasn't good. The bottom several inches of tail were skinned, completely, and the tissue was dead - it would have to be amputated. There were bite marks above that portion of tail, I discovered as I shaved the fur off in preparation, and we chose to amputate above that area, to make sure we caused him the least amount of pain - there were concerns that there could be nerve damage, as I understand. He seems to be feeling better, and has even been trotting around the yard when I let him out...

Meet Rebel, aka "Bob", aka "Doc"! (as he was waking up after I got him home)

Edit: his front leg and rear foot are bandaged because he had some troublesome growths removed a week ago!

post-1869-13586047444681_thumb.jpg

:eek: My goodness poor boy that face just screams "no words in any language can describe how embarrassing this whole situation is"

All of my recent dog problems really pale in comparison. I'm so sorry to hear Strider is being a right bear to his neighbors. I hope it's nothing underlying making him cranky? There really never is a boring moment with huskies around causing mischief is there :( How is everyone else doing? And you with your arm?

• 3 weeks later...

:eek: My goodness poor boy that face just screams "no words in any language can describe how embarrassing this whole situation is"

All of my recent dog problems really pale in comparison. I'm so sorry to hear Strider is being a right bear to his neighbors. I hope it's nothing underlying making him cranky? There really never is a boring moment with huskies around causing mischief is there :( How is everyone else doing? And you with your arm?

I think he has been a bit embarrassed - he didn't want me to take a picture of it tonight, lol! Strider is a very high-energy dog and truly wants to be top of the pack - everything should belong to him, including all privileges and attention. He seems to do better with the girls than with the other males, so has only girls around him, now! My arm has finally pretty well healed, thanks! There's still a tiny bit of swelling, but I think it's mainly scar tissue.

Thought I'd give an update on how my boys were doing... Trooper's leg is healing quite nicely, and is getting fur back, finally! Reb's tail isn't very fuzzy, so far, but has also healed nicely. He's kind of cute when he walks, as it wiggles, and when he "talks" to you, it largely moves in time to what he's saying, as though to give emphasis - so funny!

post-1869-13586051781396_thumb.jpg

post-1869-13586051778301_thumb.jpg

Wow, Troop's leg looks SOOO much better! Reb looks better as well...can't wait to see some fur on that (shortened)tail!

Yeah, I'm really pleased with how well they're healing! Reb's tail should be quite interesting - more like a bunny tail! When he walks now, it goes side to side with every step - really quite funny! I'll have to see if I can get it on video at some point! :rofl:

I think he has been a bit embarrassed - he didn't want me to take a picture of it tonight, lol! Strider is a very high-energy dog and truly wants to be top of the pack - everything should belong to him, including all privileges and attention. He seems to do better with the girls than with the other males, so has only girls around him, now! My arm has finally pretty well healed, thanks! There's still a tiny bit of swelling, but I think it's mainly scar tissue.

Glad that is seems everyone is doing good with healing :) Naughty pups for stressing your mum so much tsk tsk.

Glad to see they're both on the mend! I'm very sorry but I did giggle at the non fuzzy tail....I'd always wondered how much was fluff & how much was actual tail!

Well - NOW you know! It IS rather funny, although I try to not let Rebel know I'm laughing - or I tell him it's the wiggle in his butt as he's walking away that I think is funny, because it is! ;)