Re-homing Foster Husky

Winter

I have one husky. I have room for one husky. I have enough money for one husky. But, I've happened upon a situation that has resulted in me having two huskies. Sasha is a little over a year old and was bought as a puppy by a family near me. A couple of weeks ago, Sasha got out of the backyard, and found the neighbor's elderly cat in the front yard. Bad things happened. The neighbor made some pretty nasty threats, so that family asked me if I would keep her for a week, until things settled down. After 5 days, the cat died, and the neighbor filed a complaint with animal control who gave them a citation for not having the dog on-leash or contained, but said there was really nothing they could do about a dog attacking a cat. So, the neighbor suddenly remembered that Sasha also bit him twice while he was trying to get the cat away from her. He said it did break the skin, but had healed. So, animal control insisted that I surrender her for a 10 day quarantine for rabies. After much arguing, they agreed to me having our vet quarantine her for 5 days. Now I have her back, but her owners do not feel that taking her back is a good idea. So, what do I do with her? I can't turn her over to a shelter, but I've already asked every family member, friend, coworker, facebook friend and dog daycare worker if they would take her, with no luck. I emailed the closest husky rescue and asked if I could list her with them and continue to foster her, but was met with some hostility. She lectured me about what a terrible owner I am and said that because of people like me, she has 50 huskies waiting to be adopted. I'm trying to do a good thing, find Sasha a new home, and keep her out of the shelters. I listed her on Petfinder.com but it's in the "Classifieds" since I'm not a rescue organization. Any ideas?

post-5758-13586034637913_thumb.jpg

What if anything are Sasha's original owners doing to find her a new home? I hope they're at least compensating you for her food etc although by the sounds of it they've dumped her on you. If it wasn't for the possibility of her ending up in Kennels with a history of biting I would suggest contacting animal control. Ideally her owner should be the one trying to find her a new home and not leave everything to you

Agree with Lee... How's Sasha's original owner efforts in trying to find her a good new home? Why are you the one that's doing everything for her sounds like they're "dumping" her on you now :confused: I really wish I can take her in, but I'm in no position to do so :( give Sasha a hug for me.. With that lovely face she'll get a good home soon :)