which size crate??

jessiezara90

Still got a couple of weeks till my puppy comes home:( but i have started buying everything i need for him, so i have been looking at crates but not sure what size to go for as obviously he is going to get much bigger so do i get that one that will be suitable for when he is an adult or a smaller one then get a bigger one? Jessxx

Hello!

I know how you feel, I'm stuck playing the waiting game too. I still have to wait until the 11th of may until my little guy comes home.

Now, being a first time owner, anybody else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've understood.

The way I'm doing it, is I'm buying a large crate, but it has a divider in it to adjust the size according to how big the pup is when he grows. When it comes to crate training, I've understood that the area should only be big enough for the dog to stand, turn around, and lie in comfortably. Now, I think this is to deter them from soiling their own crate because they don't want to sleep in their own waste (Who does?)

Again, I'm open to suggestions as well, but this is the best advise I can give you right now! Good luck, and be sure to post lots of pictures! :)