Honest opinions please

Tams Teeko and Keeta

post-6001-0-05130500-1400067631.jpg

Hellooooo

I would be very grateful if I could get some honest opinions on 2 things.

Firstly, I have started work on my website for my online shop and would love some input. There is only the one product on there at present, but do have a gander.

Also, am in the process of making a wedding cake topper for my friend and also thinking of including this in my website. What do you think? The dress needs some embellishments adding but she has only just come out the oven. Also thinking of adding a slightly alternative range...really quirky and a bit cartoony, massive heads, big eyes, silly poses...that type of thing.

Any thoughts gladly taken on! I am currently the queen of research when it comes to my little online venture!

Shop is at www.littleserendipity.co.uk and here is a pic of my lil fimo bride!

post-3670-13586034643538_thumb.jpg

Your little bride looks lovely, though as you say, her dress could use a little embellishment... The web site looks pretty good - although I see there are some things you need to finish. I think that when you have it stocked, it will be fantastic - good luck with it!

Great job! My suggestions are to research how to make the facal features more proportionate, and how to make the head proportionate to the body...and maybe give her eyebrows? You could draw them on with a very fine permanent marker I think. And like everyone else said, glue on some little femo embellishments, but you can keep them simple I think and it would go a long way. Maybe something different with the hair? A popular "wedding hair" style? Tied back style with a messy bun for example? Maybe flowers or some accessory in the hair that compliments the dress? If your worried about fingers, I think you could make her hands more simple without any fingers and it might work.

Hope these ideas help! :)

Hi.. I work for a wedding directory and I've just click into your website... Think you should take off all the info from your Home page and colour it up a little bit .. Maybe ask if someone can do a colourful slideshow and put some testimonials on their from customers ... Good websites need less info but more colour and pictures to catch the eye and lead them onto more pages... Good luck with it all.

From Angie, Rico and Mia.. :-)

Hi.. I work for a wedding directory and I've just click into your website... Think you should take off all the info from your Home page and colour it up a little bit .. Maybe ask if someone can do a colourful slideshow and put some testimonials on their from customers ... Good websites need less info but more colour and pictures to catch the eye and lead them onto more pages... Good luck with it all.

From Angie, Rico and Mia.. :-)

Thanks! I will definitely do that once I have some more items to add.

Great job! My suggestions are to research how to make the facal features more proportionate, and how to make the head proportionate to the body...and maybe give her eyebrows? You could draw them on with a very fine permanent marker I think. And like everyone else said, glue on some little femo embellishments, but you can keep them simple I think and it would go a long way. Maybe something different with the hair? A popular "wedding hair" style? Tied back style with a messy bun for example? Maybe flowers or some accessory in the hair that compliments the dress? If your worried about fingers, I think you could make her hands more simple without any fingers and it might work.

Hope these ideas help! :)

Thank you.

Still lots to add to her but all the extras need to be added after cooking...like the rhinestone embellishments on the dress, her veil and hair piece, and her flowers. They are all done separately and to match the bride.

The out of proportion...I kind of don't do in proportion haha, it's just the style I use lol!

Fingers though, total pain! They are the worst bit on the whole thing IMO. Hopefully the bouquet will cover that. Lol!

A longer hair would be great IMO... maybe more accessories? Oh and where's the groom? :P

Lol the groom isn't done yet. He has to be wearing his suit for car racing and his helmet will be on the floor with their rabbit popping his head out. Going to be quite fun making that haha!

. I think I will practise doing a few different styles...especially with the hair...but this updo is to match the human bride lol!

Wow that is awesome, I thought it was made with sugarpaste till I read on. I have started cake decorating and I think you are spot on with your modelling, sugarcraft all used to be intricate attention to detail and perfection, now the modern approach seems to be more individual and funky! I love it!

I've bookmarked your website, I'm sure at some point (if I get more wedding cake orders) we might be able to work together if you are up for it:)

Wow that is awesome, I thought it was made with sugarpaste till I read on. I have started cake decorating and I think you are spot on with your modelling, sugarcraft all used to be intricate attention to detail and perfection, now the modern approach seems to be more individual and funky! I love it!

I've bookmarked your website, I'm sure at some point (if I get more wedding cake orders) we might be able to work together if you are up for it:)

Definitely, that would be great. I will post up when she is all finished and complete with her groom

Not too bad, but IMO and being honest..., the wording on the home page didn't catch my attention. And, if this was your final version of your website and you were up for business...I wouldn't be inclined to buy anything.

Without reading about your site on this thread, I would have no idea what the website is for or even what you're selling. I think you have to make it clear, perhaps in the first 2 or so sentences, what your store is about and what you're selling.

Sorry if its a bit harsh but...you wanted my honest opinion!!

Not too bad, but IMO and being honest..., the wording on the home page didn't catch my attention. And, if this was your final version of your website and you were up for business...I wouldn't be inclined to buy anything.

Without reading about your site on this thread, I would have no idea what the website is for or even what you're selling. I think you have to make it clear, perhaps in the first 2 or so sentences, what your store is about and what you're selling.

Sorry if its a bit harsh but...you wanted my honest opinion!!

Not harsh at all. Thanking you! The front page wording was literally put in to replace the big mass of text that basically told me how to change settings etc. I think, like someone else mentioned, that I'll replace it with pictures and really short descriptions of what is on offer.