World's most expensive coffee is processed through a cat

aronoiiel

Haha is that the one that comes out of a rare cat? I haven't read the article yet I don't have time atm but my OH told me about it last year. I think its one of those rich people things where they need to make something seem fancy by being ridiculous like flakes of gold in ice cream...who needs that really o.o

Haha is that the one that comes out of a rare cat? I haven't read the article yet I don't have time atm but my OH told me about it last year. I think its one of those rich people things where they need to make something seem fancy by being ridiculous like flakes of gold in ice cream...who needs that really o.o

LOL no this one comes out of a Civet lol not so rare but interesting none the same :P

That's Kopi Luwak for you :cool: this coffee is processed in my country, and I know for sure that these coffees aren't processed through a "cat". They're processed through the digestive system of a "Luwak" which looks nothing like a cat :) these animals have an instinct to pick the best coffee beans and even if they say "digestive system", I previously read somewhere that it is not the luwak's feces no worries LOL

this is a luwak as a cub

post-9324-14000963889355_thumb.jpg

this is an adult luwak

post-9324-140009641815_thumb.jpg

post-2850-13586034797192_thumb.jpg

post-2850-13586034797974_thumb.jpg

That's Kopi Luwak for you :cool: this coffee is processed in my country, and I know for sure that these coffees aren't processed through a "cat". They're processed through the digestive system of a "Luwak" which looks nothing like a cat :) these animals have an instinct to pick the best coffee beans and even if they say "digestive system", I previously read somewhere that it is not the luwak's feces no worries LOL

this is a luwak as a cub

[ATTACH=full]47327[/ATTACH]

this is an adult luwak

[ATTACH=full]47328[/ATTACH]

Olivia I actually saw a TV program on this a while ago. Very interesting :)

I thought it was the Civet, never heard of a Luwak before. So... is this where the expression "that is good $hit" comes from?

Luwak is an asian palm civet Kopi Luwak is the name given to the type of coffee created from the beans the civet leaves. . if I am reading that correctly anyway lol