sick runt (5 weeks)

harlowmish

**NOTE: I will be going to my vet today, but working at the moment. So I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas what is wrong with my pup before I head out after work to the vet. No matter what, I will be going to the vet. This is ridiculous. Thanks**

Here's the story... I saw an ad for husky pups and decided I wanted to go adopt a male. On the phone, the guy didn't say much, just that he still had 2 females and 1 male left and he had a lot of calls so if I really wanted one, to drop by asap. So, I drove about 2 hours away near yosemite to look at the pup. I had a busy day so I got there at 11 pm. He shows me the pups on the side of the house and at first I only saw two. I thought, "wow, they're gorgeous!" And so he goes "those are the females" so I think "okay, where's mine?" he points to the side and right in the corner I could not believe my eyes!!! I was appalled at how sickly the male pup looked. It was evident he was and and a runt. I picked up the pup and I asked him "why is he so tiny? How many weeks are they?" Really, I couldn't believe it, his sisters were 5 times bigger than him. He's the size of a kitten and his sisters are the size of a full grown pomeranian!!!

He goes "they're 5 weeks old. I don't know why he's that small, he's been spitting his food out". I was annoyed... he didn't tell me this before I came out and having to witness this made me angry. I saw what looked like milk around his nose... when I got to the light. It was cloudy white snot >_>

STRIKE ONE the pups are 5 weeks and he's selling them. It didn't look like he cared to see what was wrong with the pup. He's sick and he's outside!

STRIKE TWO I know he says the pups are eating solid food and drinking water. Parents are on site, atleast why isn't the mother near the runt nursing him? I didn't get it.

STRIKE THREE was the "I don't know why he's that small, he's been spitting out food". I know he's like an hr away from the vet, he lives up in the hills, but the pup looked miserable isn't that enough to make someone think "wow, he must be suffering. I must go to the vet asap"? Especially someone who is responsible for the pups being born.

I took the pup with me with good intentions. I couldn't bare the thought of leaving him to possibly die. When I got to my car, I wiped his nose, got home... put some water in a bowl and some solid food. he ate and drank fine. He relieved on newspapers fine. He plays and is energetic. I tried to give him goats milk in case he was still nursing I didn't trust the owner, but he would rather have water and the solid food.

So this is what's going on right now...

he's congested

cloudy thick white runny nose

he puts his head down on the ground and lifts his butt up in the air from time to time

he tries to howl sometimes, not much, but just a raspy sound comes out

any ideas what's wrong?

It breaks my heart.

Can't wait to get off work to visit the vet.

Right now just running on hope.

It sounds like an upper respiratory infection (URI) which wouldn't be surprising since they were outside on their own. Get him to the vet like you said and they should be able to give you some antibiotics for him. I'd also take that time to see if they have any advice regarding feeding him up too as you're probably going to want to be getting extra nutrients into him to help him grow since he was so small. Good luck with the poor little mite :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Unfortunately the pup didn't make it. It was URI. Kennel cough turned to pneumonia. One day I was going to get him a vaporizer hoping he'd get better, the next day I wake up before I went to work to hear him struggling to breathe. I tucked him in blankets, but unfortunately, I got a call that he passed away while on my way to work.

I contacted the owner and I had no reply, I basically told him the pup passed away and for him to warn the others who adopted from him. so I took to cl and posted an ad warning everyone who contacted him or were looking for a husky to get the pup checked if they got one since its highly contagious or to not get one at all. He saw the ad and emailed me asking for an apology from me and to take the ad down and that I knew the pup was sick before I made the trip up to where he was. It was all a lie, he never informed me of the pup's sickness or age before I went there, he was just rushing me to get the pup or it'll be gone. And the pup was an hour and a half away up the hills by yosemite. Why would I even consider that if I knew? Then I knocked him by saying why he would tie his dogs up and not let them loose, especially the female to feed the pups and he told me he didn't want me to get eaten. After reading his email, I told him I never asked for a refund, he had to own up to his mistakes, I was just informing people to be careful, and that he was lucky I didn't call animal patrol.

He never wrote back.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so sorry. I wish I had more to say. I am just dumbfounded. I wish you luck because you deserve better, and that "breeder" deserves, well I can't say it here. God bless you for your wonderful heart.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys,

Unfortunately the pup didn't make it. It was URI. Kennel cough turned to pneumonia. One day I was going to get him a vaporizer hoping he'd get better, the next day I wake up before I went to work to hear him struggling to breathe. I tucked him in blankets, but unfortunately, I got a call that he passed away while on my way to work.

I contacted the owner and I had no reply, I basically told him the pup passed away and for him to warn the others who adopted from him. so I took to cl and posted an ad warning everyone who contacted him or were looking for a husky to get the pup checked if they got one since its highly contagious or to not get one at all. He saw the ad and emailed me asking for an apology from me and to take the ad down and that I knew the pup was sick before I made the trip up to where he was. It was all a lie, he never informed me of the pup's sickness or age before I went there, he was just rushing me to get the pup or it'll be gone. And the pup was an hour and a half away up the hills by yosemite. Why would I even consider that if I knew? Then I knocked him by saying why he would tie his dogs up and not let them loose, especially the female to feed the pups and he told me he didn't want me to get eaten. After reading his email, I told him I never asked for a refund, he had to own up to his mistakes, I was just informing people to be careful, and that he was lucky I didn't call animal patrol.

He never wrote back.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, but I think you shouldn't let such man be so lucky. Call the animal control, end this puppy mill NOW. You don't want another beautiful puppy to die in a loving owner's hand :(