Introducing my new boy.....Hachi !

Siberian Shadow

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can imagine it would be difficult!! I had to get Yuki a prong collar -- I dont like to use it but if I dont she pulls so hard her tummy drags on the ground. I dont think I could handle three. Lol.

Siberian Shadow all three of your babies are gorgeous. Should put them on a sled and let them walk you :P

Yeah your right you should put them on a sled:p. I don't use prong collars.

I can imagine it would be difficult!! I had to get Yuki a prong collar -- I dont like to use it but if I dont she pulls so hard her tummy drags on the ground. I dont think I could handle three. Lol.

Siberian Shadow all three of your babies are gorgeous. Should put them on a sled and let them walk you :P

leash-training would help more than the training tool itself :) have a look around, we have a plenty threads about leash-training. Be patient tho it'll take a few months x) Diamond my boy mastered leash-training in approximately 3 months. That is quick enough for a husky x)

leash-training would help more than the training tool itself :) have a look around, we have a plenty threads about leash-training. Be patient tho it'll take a few months x) Diamond my boy mastered leash-training in approximately 3 months. That is quick enough for a husky x)

Thanks. She does not pull at all with it on her -- Well, unless she sees a squirell. And I will do what you and Huskies On The Go say and look around. I like how Shadow has the harnesses on his. I might give that a go then.

Thanks. She does not pull at all with it on her -- Well, unless she sees a squirell. And I will do what you and Huskies On The Go say and look around. I like how Shadow has the harnesses on his. I might give that a go then.

Well if you plan to get a harness you should and I recommend you to go to Leerburg.com it's a very good site, I know the owner and they sell very good products very good. They have their own Amish that make their leather. So go and have a look.

CONGRATS on your new husky, do you know what Hachi ,means? And it looks like you have a house full with all of those huskies.:yahoo:
!!

Well according to the film,it it Japanese for number 8 and means good fortune!!!

They are suprisingly well behaved in the house,because they have so much exercise,they are always asleep in the house!!:)

:woohoo:

Aw. He looks so sweet, and poofy :P Congrats. Must be fun walking three huskies at one time.

The walking belt is the best device for me!They walk very well together now,but at first when the 2 older ones didn't get on,I had to do separate walks,and that was very tiring! I had to eat a lot of chocolate:D

The only time I have a problem is if a fox or cat comes along,then it's a bit crazy!!!

The grounds where I live are private,so there are no cars around,therefore it is completely safe for me to walk them.I am amazed at how obedient they all are together

No,surprisingly,not hard anymore,beacause my largest dog,Max,who is over 32kg is so close to me and good,if I can command him with words,then if the other smaller too did get excited,I can reign them in...so to speak!

It makes all the difference having all the private land to walk in though,as there are less distractions,most of the time.

I would never walk all 3 near a main road on my own for safety reasons,in case thay were startled,I would have no chance,as they are so strong,as we all know!!

I have trained them all on a 1-1 basis re the pulling, the youngest Blue was bad for a while,I just stop,and he sits down and relaxes,it takes persistance,but they get the message,and my Hachi is really grateful just to be walked,he does whatever I ask,this way,he goes,wait etc.Max has always been great at no pull,because I had him first and spend a few years with him,and it shows:p:dogwalk: