What is with this weather??

Val (Zebedee)

Steve is away for the weekend and has taken the car with him, so I am left with the motorbike - not that I'm complaining, riding the bike even makes going to work a joy! :lolman: BUT .... the rain today has been unbelievable! Comes down so hard, then stops right away! But every time I have thought "OK, seems brighter now, I need to go to town & do some shopping, go to the Orange shop, etc - I'll go now"; by the time I have got upstairs to change into my bike gear, it's bouncing down again!! I swear it waits for me to decide to get changed then pours down!!

Yeah, crazy weather. It was snowing pretty hard yesterday here...

Steve is away for the weekend and has taken the car with him, so I am left with the motorbike - not that I'm complaining, riding the bike even makes going to work a joy! :lolman: BUT .... the rain today has been unbelievable! Comes down so hard, then stops right away! But every time I have thought "OK, seems brighter now, I need to go to town & do some shopping, go to the Orange shop, etc - I'll go now"; by the time I have got upstairs to change into my bike gear, it's bouncing down again!! I swear it waits for me to decide to get changed then pours down!!

I wouldn't recommend riding in wet weather. Wet roads + motorcycle tires = bad situation for you! Riding's fun, though, eh? :)

I don't mind riding in the rain, I did 1000 miles round Ireland with Steve a few years back when we had storms, torrential rain, gales, we were riding our bikes at what felt like 45 degree angles just to go in a straight line and what didn't get wet wasn't worth talking about! :rofl: But that was a "holiday"! Just to pop to the shops 10 mins away is not gonna happen unless these black clouds go away!!! :lolman:

Oh hope May isn't so wet, we're having a big family gathering/BBQ in Salisbury for my granddaughters 1st Bday. We're camping and taking the Huskateers. The other grandparents are coming up from Kent. So far there's 37 people an if it's raining there's no room in the house to fit the dogs ( plus pale carpet ) I wouldn't be popular lol

Oooooh, we're all bike riders in the family here. What bike do you have?

Moll's dad and I used to have loads of fun being out and about on our own bikes around Middlesex, London and Surrey...brings back romantic memories from years gone by. :wub:

No fun in the rain though!

Thanks for the tip! I haven't really ventured on there much before and thought it was all Husky stuff only.:oops:

Hmmm...while I think about it, I have some other things too (mainly wedding outfits, teenagers' clothes and random m/cycle gear). Okay, I'm heading off to the for sale section for a while.:P

Oh hope May isn't so wet, we're having a big family gathering/BBQ in Salisbury for my granddaughters 1st Bday. We're camping and taking the Huskateers. The other grandparents are coming up from Kent. So far there's 37 people an if it's raining there's no room in the house to fit the dogs ( plus pale carpet ) I wouldn't be popular lol

We are haveing a BBQ for mum in laws 90th birthday so I hope it stays dry and warms up a good bit before then too.

It is not just the UK, we were out on the bike for a ride along the coast yesterday afternoon and got soaked on the way back - one minute blue skies and the next chucking it down. Had a lovely hot shower and all was good :) Will take a few days for the boots to dry though :(