Dropped Kiana off for her spay, small question for you all, and I'm so proud <3

aronoiiel

I have to say this morning I was a bit more nervous but it went well dropping her off :) She was exceptionally well behaved until she realized she wasn't getting breakfast anytime soon lol. There was this lady with a very hyper active brindle dog, not sure what breed mix it was, and she got so mad with me and Kiana. Her dog was literally flipping out much like Diesel does when he sees another dog but my darling husky of cute was calm and just starred at the other dog while sitting by my side :wub: That ticked the lady off more so she left, muttering things not to nice, and waited outside; she was there to board her dog for the day. I'm so proud of my little bear. After that when I was talking to the surgeon every time he mentioned taking out or cutting her insides she'd yell at him :P Almost saying "hey that's personal stuff don't talk about that" it cracked us both up :D Only time she spoke during the whole thing LOL.

Then when they changed leashes to take her back she didn't even flinch just looked at the nurse and was all "let's go I'm sure there's noms in this somewhere for me" bless her. She was so well behaved and the surgeon was amazing. He definitely knows his stuff and knows huskies. He made me feel completely at ease and fully trustworthy of putting her in his hands. He even covered stuff that I've seen pop up on here before I could ask like the stitches having reactions a couple months out. They also keep her overnight as a precaution so I won't get her back until after 10am tomorrow but he does call after the surgery to keep you updated. Suffice it to say I was thoroughly impressed :D

On to my question though he mentioned that huskies tend to be more sensitive than other breeds to pain and as a result they usually get double the pain meds. Is this something anyone else has noticed?

LOL sorry for the long and mostly pointless post but I'm surprised how ok I am with all this. Yeah I got flutterbys but they aren't as overwhelming as I thought they'd be. Oh, and Diesel loves the fact that he's not getting his neck and faced nommed for a while :rolleyes:

well done to Kiana for being such a good girl. We didn't get any pain relief home with Storm, only what she had after surgery. My vet's reasoning was that if it hurts her a little she won't be so hyper and she was actually very good.- much easier than I was expecting and her wound was tiny.

Both our girls were spayed last year and both of them came home straightaway.Sass was absolutely fine,just quiet that night and pretty much her normal self the very next day!We had a real job stopping her from playing with the others and as she was not allowed off lead for 2 weeks,she was bouncing off the walls !.No pain relief required! Mystie had a bleed during the op,which was more than usual,and she was very quiet over the weekend,but by Monday she was fine.Again no other pain relief required.Hope all goes well with her when you pick her up tomorrow.

Keeta was given pains meds to take home just incase but she didn't need them. Her woun was teeny, she didn't cry once and showed very few signs of discomfort. We did crate her most of the time because of Teeko wanting to play (tho the cone helped because it put him off) and she healed up really quickly as a result of such a reduction of movement.

Keeta was given pains meds to take home just incase but she didn't need them. Her woun was teeny, she didn't cry once and showed very few signs of discomfort. We did crate her most of the time because of Teeko wanting to play (tho the cone helped because it put him off) and she healed up really quickly as a result of such a reduction of movement.

What was the crating routine? Kiana is crate trained of course but I normally let them have free roam of the place since they behave but this might be a good idea as Diesel will want to play to no end when she gets back.

Thanks all interesting most seem to be fine with the pain wonder why he mentioned that then. I'm getting nervous now as she should be going into surgery soon but I'm cleaning the bananas out of my place and giving Diesel little training sessions to help with the stress of the evil vacuum lol. What a loooong Monday this will be.

What was the crating routine? Kiana is crate trained of course but I normally let them have free roam of the place since they behave but this might be a good idea as Diesel will want to play to no end when she gets back.

Thanks all interesting most seem to be fine with the pain wonder why he mentioned that then. I'm getting nervous now as she should be going into surgery soon but I'm cleaning the bananas out of my place and giving Diesel little training sessions to help with the stress of the evil vacuum lol. What a loooong Monday this will be.

We actually picked a friday so we had the weekend with her and then we both had work so she was crated when we were out . We actually went out more than usual and if we were in the house she would have her cone and lead on and Teeko his lead, but if we were busy she went into the crate. She had the bigger crate so she could go in with her cone and we would give her a treat while she was in there. Once or twice she made a little fuss but leaving the cone on helped as she couldn't leap around like an idiot. Teeko had to be on his lead a lot more but we gave him extra walks to make up for not having Keeta to play with and that helped keep him relaxed too. It is a little awkward but for us it really was worth it, she was healed and back to her normal self well within the recommended 10 days. Having her on a lead will help too as they can experience some bladder weakness for a few days after the op which may result in accidents (it is just a result of the sore muscles making it harder to hang on for a wee).

I am sure she will do just fine and you'll be surprised at how much your other one figures out about how she is feeling. The first couple of days all Teeko did was sniff he and try to clean her wound ( another reason he had to be on lead lol). He seemed to know she was sore.

Thanks Nix I am excited for her to come home missed her sleeping on my bed last night. Poor Diesel is always checking the door and window to see if his girly is out there lol. I just hope when she gets home Diesel doesn't try to stampede her >_<