Gross!!

kerry_lapworth

So I thought it would be good to take Raya for an evening jog, despite the fact that it is both windy AND raining...I'm all wrapped up nicely and off I go jogging along thinking that actually I had had an OK day and I was doing well jogging....then Raya decided to stop for a poop...

There I was in the rain and with the wind howling around me in my tracksuit bottoms (tres chic!) squatting down and picking up Rayas poop when I realised that I had actually got some of it on my hand. Gross!!! :jawdrop:

This is the first time I have done this in all my years of dog ownership and I wasn't impressed. I tried my best to wipe it off onto a leaf (giving back to nature!) and carry on...home.

:angry: (that's me trying to get it off my hand....!!!)

I turn the corner to see a lady with her dog and of course it would be today that someone chooses to stop and talk to me and ask about Raya. She bends down to stroke her and I am trying my best to hide my hand from her whilst praying that she didn't notice my potent 'eau de poop le chien'.

Thankfully I got home (windswept) and scrubbed my hand until all traces of 'poopiness' were gone!

I have to laugh about it really. :D

Has anyone else had any similar husky-related experiences that are a little bit, well, grim ??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had it on my hands yet, but I am sure I will. What I hate most is the fact that my two always seem to go for a poop mid way between poop bins and I end up having to carry the toxic substance for ages, even when it's double wrapped. Nappy sacks are just not designed for this and I'm too broke, or mean, to shell out for proper poop bags. It's even worse when I get stopped by someone I know to have a chat.

Haven't had it on my hands yet, but I am sure I will. What I hate most is the fact that my two always seem to go for a poop mid way between poop bins and I end up having to carry the toxic substance for ages, even when it's double wrapped. Nappy sacks are just not designed for this and I'm too broke, or mean, to shell out for proper poop bags. It's even worse when I get stopped by someone I know to have a chat.

After today's episode, I'm wondering if poop bags are as good as they claim!!! Although I do have to put a large portion down to human error and plain stupidity. It was generally very icky!

I get that quite a bit with bear. She tries to pull me when I'm picking up and I get dragged around and ...... Splat poop on finger, yuk!

I tried the pets at home poop sacks (black ones) and they were crap. Very small and flimsy. I could barely fit one of bears poos inside ( well they are enormous but I don't normally have a problem). Tesco's or sainsbury's own nappy sacks are my favourites as they're relatively tough and under a pound, I think! No point in paying a fortune for something you're going to fill with poo and throw away!

emma1979 - nappy sacks? As in baby nappies? I've not heard of using those. I tend to use the little black poo bags. Thankfully Roo doesn't tend to do anything too huge...LOL

stormchaser09 - it is a bit weird..it's like it's too close and there should be more in between your hands and the actual poop. :confused:

emma1979 - nappy sacks? As in baby nappies? I've not heard of using those. I tend to use the little black poo bags. Thankfully Roo doesn't tend to do anything too huge...LOL

stormchaser09 - it is a bit weird..it's like it's too close and there should be more in between your hands and the actual poop. :confused:

Yep, they're bigger and easier for me to use.

HAHA love this - not happend to me ... Yet. My uncle has OCD with cleanliness and once when out walking he poop scooped (his dog not mine) and got it on his hand!! I have never seen a grown man freek so much in my life - I couldnt help but laugh as he ran all the way home for a shower and ani bacterial scrub!! :doglaugh:

HAHA love this - not happend to me ... Yet. My uncle has OCD with cleanliness and once when out walking he poop scooped (his dog not mine) and got it on his hand!! I have never seen a grown man freek so much in my life - I couldnt help but laugh as he ran all the way home for a shower and ani bacterial scrub!! :doglaugh:

I freaked out a bit and tried to make a swift journey home...which would have worked if I hadn't been stopped by the lady telling me how pretty Raya is. Love your profile pic :D

I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to poo and always double bag it. Not very environmentally friendly probably, but I hate the warm feeling that comes through one bag.

Try large freezer bags from local pound shop they are much stronger/thicker than poo bags ,only downside they are see through.

Aw thanks!! This was taken the day we got Indy (red one)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I LOVE the red huskies....I hope one day to have a red bi-eyed, but that's just being too picky !! I'm very happy with Raya (my cheeky rescue girl) :D

not had this happen to me yet......only thing Alpha did the other night on his walk was that he pee'd over a poodle that came sniffing at just the wrong moment...the poor poodle was soaked....it's owner not to happy...wonder why...LOLOL

not had this happen to me yet......only thing Alpha did the other night on his walk was that he pee'd over a poodle that came sniffing at just the wrong moment...the poor poodle was soaked....it's owner not to happy...wonder why...LOLOL

:doglaugh: poor poodle, now its a Peedle :doglaugh:

Oh nooo and a poodle too. Oh dear. Can't help nature!!! :D

Timber has managed to pee over Molly a couple of times when they are both reading the local news (i.e. sniffing a tree) and Timber decides to add to the comments section (via a raised leg)