Infant eaten by dog :O

This is very real. there is a link on the article to the left of it with a mp3 recording of the 911 call.

I dont understand why the mother left the baby on its own with a strange dog and a sick father.

http://www.postandcourier.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20120424%2FPC16%2F120429627%2F1180

Not a husky btw it was a labrador.

What do you call sick? Being sick didn't seem to hinder him once something had gone drastically wrong and how often do 'sick' mothers carry on regardless? They don't have the luxury of taking themselves off to bed with a cold, or feebly napping on a couch when they have two very small children to watch.

I can't imagine what was going through her mind when she walked in on that. It's so very very sad

ive just listened to the audio and what strikes me is that the mother is so calm describing that that her 2month old childs leg is off and his intestines are out, if any other mother came home to a horrific scene like this you would have to scrape them off the floor and another thing she says her husband had dozed off and was somewhat awake when she came home,

how unconscious do you have to be to sleep through a dog ripping a toddler to bits, i think theres more to this..... the poor baby

it's very sad for those poor kids and dogs. I can't believe the father just fell asleep without checking that kids were safe and dogs out of the way. I am sure all mum's and a good few dads have had days when they were sick and tired but you still have to make sure the kids are safe no matter what. Especially when one of the dogs was new to the family. I couldn't watch/listen to the tape as it would stay with me too long so just read some of the comments underneath the story.

I'm very reluctant to pass judgement on the parents at this point. I hate to say it but sometimes bad things happen. I started listening to the audio but couldn't finish...I have no idea how I would react in that sort of situation but I do know that screaming at the emergency operator wouldn't do any good, I am a bit bothered that the operator didn't suggest they do anything to stop the bleeding as far as I heard. I stopped listening shortly after the caller explained that they were dogsitting. It really was too intense.

Do we know the dog wasn't in another area to the house and toddler woke up and let dog out? It's easy to say things when your on the outside and it isn't YOUR family affected. However the dog got access to the 2 month old...well the family is going to have to live with that for the rest of their lives. I can't imagine what they're feeling right now or the wounds that will be felt for a long time at this horrible loss of life.

If there was criminal negligence involved I hope charges are pressed, but in reality I don't believe there is a justice system in the free world that will be able to punish the parents more than they already have been through the loss of a precious child.

To be honest, this looks a bit suspicious to me. I don't want to be too harsh, because nobody knows what actually happened there... but still. What kind of parents doze off without making sure that the children are safe?? You can't possibly be that sick!! If that had been the case, then the mother should have never left for work.

When I read stuff like this, it always makes me wonder why on earth can't people take some basic safety measures when it comes to dogs and children? The dogs shouldn't have access to the children unsupervised, period. If you have older kids that might let the dog out, then you can install child proof locks on doors.

That is, if it's not all a cover-up for something else.

We can judge all we want. But, we weren't there, we've never and I personally would never want to be, in that sort of situation. So saying 'I would do this' or 'I would behave this way' is easy. You do not know how you would react in such a situation.

omg this is aweful. i cant believe how calm she was on the phone but i supose shock can effect people in different ways. i tend to have a nervous laugh that appears at somewhat inapropriate times but i couldnt imagine byself being able to talk like that i it were my child. r.i.p little angel :cry1:

Reading the update there is just something not quite right ...why take a 3 year old to bed and leave a 2 moth old in a swing??

If this really is an accident it is likely the baby was distressed and the dog was tryin to take it to safety, not understanding it's position in the swing and pulled until the child tore. It's just awful! But something does not sit right, I hope the dogs are kept alive until the matte has been thoroughly investigated at least.

That's sad...

Now people are going to think that Siberian Huskys are as bad as the Pit Bull. :facepalm:

Pit bulls aren't bad dogs, they are highly misunderstood and demonized by the media. There are many responsible pit bull owners, lovers, and advocates (including myself) who responsibly own pit bulls and are working to educate the public and fight the negative stereotypes surrounding them. Breed isn't the issue, it boils down to a lot of factors including the dog's personality, how it was raised and socialized, if its owned responsibly, etc...

After reading the child was left strapped in a swing, in a room with an open door, it seems to me the parents were even more irresponsible.

You are not supposed to leave babies in a swing unattended and you are not supposed to let them sleep in a swing.

The whole situation does seem weird, to say the least.

Mmmmm something don't seem right here y would the dad be sleeping in one room n the baby in another room in a swing when my youngest was 2months I wouldn't leave him alone with my other children let alone with 2dogs how can the dad not of heard the cries from the baby if he was getting attacked by a dog n he was still sleeping when his wife got bk it's such a shame but I really think the parents r too blame.