• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's Gibson after a thorough grooming, rinsing, drying, playing, then napping

[ATTACH=full]48386[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]48387[/ATTACH]

Gibson vs. The Hand Monster!

[ATTACH=full]48388[/ATTACH]

Gibson just chilling enjoy some belly time.

What a handsome boy Gibson is and all that black hair and those beautiful blue eyes.

Husky Lovers in Vermont:doglick:

Hahaha, that reminds me. My parents, who aren't very savvy on dogs, keep telling me that Niko's going to get as big as a Bull Mastiff. I laugh at them every time and tell them he'll be around the same size or a little bigger than their Australian Shepherd. They bet me $100 that he won't be. Can't wait to collect that check.

You know, Duremite, I hate that I think this, but every time I see your signature I think to myself "Look! The husky is going to be well fed!"... I know, he probably loves your cats as much as you do... but it's one of those recurring thoughts.

Yeah, possibly. XD My parents claim it's because my sister has a Husky that's "huge". My sister lives across the US and they've never met the husky in person, only seen pictures of him as a puppy on facebook. Not to mention my sister is tiny. 5'0"

Erm, I know you don't mean any disrespect man and you were just saying what you thought, but I don't really appreciate it. ^^; Nothing against you, but the last dog forum I joined I felt very driven out because I was constantly being told I should get rid of my cats for the puppy who was only 8 weeks old. I've had Simon 17 years. Just made me feel like everyone there thought my cats were trash. I know you're not saying anything that extreme and like you said, he loves the cats just as much as I do, just explaining a bit. XD But yeah, Cats are friends, not food! D:

Oh, I apologize, and from being around dogs and cats my whole life I don't see anything wrong with your setup. I don't know why it the picture struck me that way. My moms dogs all get along with her cat, even grooming eachother... except the Lhasa who terrorizes the cat now and then. Lol. Sorry again for bringing up a sore subject, but if you got him when he was 8 weeks he should have plenty of time to associate the cats as his pack rather then the way some older dogs can react, surprised the other forums didn't realize that.

Yeah, possibly. XD My parents claim it's because my sister has a Husky that's "huge". My sister lives across the US and they've never met the husky in person, only seen pictures of him as a puppy on facebook. Not to mention my sister is tiny. 5'0"

Erm, I know you don't mean any disrespect man and you were just saying what you thought, but I don't really appreciate it. ^^; Nothing against you, but the last dog forum I joined I felt very driven out because I was constantly being told I should get rid of my cats for the puppy who was only 8 weeks old. I've had Simon 17 years. Just made me feel like everyone there thought my cats were trash. I know you're not saying anything that extreme and like you said, he loves the cats just as much as I do, just explaining a bit. XD But yeah, Cats are friends, not food! D:

I can assure you that you won't get "driven out" here - it's not like that, and I'm sure Jerad was saying it tongue in cheek, there was no mallice in there.

Huskies and cats generally dont get on-i have 3 huskies and a cat - the cat was here first but i'm always careful never to leave them alone together as if they got her, at the end of the day it wouldn't be their fault, it'd be mine - but from a pup, living with cats they should get along better :) x

No worries and no need for apologies. :D We all hit sore spots every now and again without meaning to. Plus I just wanted to explain, not make you feel bad. Anyways, it's probably because in the picture I'm fattening them all up to make a great meal. >:D But they're for me, not Niko. Mwahahahaha. Ahem. (It was actually Ruffles birthday so they were all spoiled with tuna and cheese.) But yeah, we got him just a few days under 8 weeks and on top of that he was raised with cats since birth. The people in the other forum were just extreme cat haters. -.- My other puppy was a black lab for petes sake. It actually had me very standoffish on joining this forum; I stalked it for days before finally caving.

I can assure you that you won't get "driven out" here - it's not like that, and I'm sure Jerad was saying it tongue in cheek, there was no mallice in there.

Huskies and cats generally dont get on-i have 3 huskies and a cat - the cat was here first but i'm always careful never to leave them alone together as if they got her, at the end of the day it wouldn't be their fault, it'd be mine - but from a pup, living with cats they should get along better :) x

Hahaha Thanks Sarah, glad to hear it. Yeah, I figured he wasn't. :D Just hit a sore spot, as I said. Wasn't trying to attack Jerad, sorry it came off that way. XD

Right. :3 I don't plan to leave Niko alone with the cats either. I'm sure he'll get along just fine.

Well, today I woke up to thispost-2355-0-79284700-1402606538_thumb.jpapparently, he got out of his crate (must've pawed the locks back? Criminally smart dog)... Well after a thorough search throughout the home, there was no messes, no chewing or dig marks, he silently broke out of his crate and evidently just wanted to sleep with me, no whining, I wake up to him moving around sometimes. Don't know how he managed it, but can't tell him he's bad for wanting to cuddle!

post-7593-13586037721543_thumb.jpg

It's hard to tell cuz he's a fluff ball and has overall the same shape, but he's grown a good amount so far. Still a little one, but he's certainly started going through his puppy growth spurts. He loves going outside, I just always forget my phone so all his pictures are inside. I'm going to get some of him outside at some point!