Bizarre Venomous Wasp Found

mydiamond

you like nat geo don't you?

I used to study bugs when I was home schooled for a few years, he looks cuddly, yaknow?

eww LOL no I don't think he looks cuddly at all I prefer my fluffy husky, thanks LOL but yea I LOVE NatGeo!! I must be defective, because I'm fifteen and my favorite TV channels are NatGeo, BBC Knowledge and Animal Planets :P

the only reason why this news caught my eye is because it says "Indonesia" :rolleyes: we have a set of cool animals here :up: always fun to see another one

Animal Planet, Nat Geo, Discovery Channel and the Science Channel were my favorite for most of my young life (very young like 5+)... so I don't think you are defective at all. But I also watched Charlotte's Web a lot then too.:P:D:p

cuddly!!!!

Finally someone who sees it for what it really is!

Ahhh, so creepy! I am so scared of bees, wasps, hornets, etc.. so glad that thing isn't in the US, lol!

Ah, but in the US we have yellow jackets, bald faced hornets, paper wasps, potter wasps, mud daubers, honey bees, bumble bees... and those are only the major stinging varieties!

Not to disturb you, but you are 100% correct, one of the hormones released by the body during fight-or-flight has been adapted as an aggression hormone by most bees wasps and ants. So moral of the story is, stay calm, think happy thoughts, and you are less likely to make them angry!

Finally someone who sees it for what it really is!

Ah, but in the US we have yellow jackets, bald faced hornets, paper wasps, potter wasps, mud daubers, honey bees, bumble bees... and those are only the major stinging varieties!

Yellow jackets? Are they the us term for the usual wasp we get in the uk or something else? The reason I ask is as I was arguing with the other half about it a few days back. ( the kids were watching "Billy the exterminator" at the time ). Odd thing to talk about, I know! Lol.

Though not the same species, various very similar species of wasps from the genus Vespula (that look very similar). Technically they all are considered wasps by classification. Yellow Jacket is the name for the species of the genus that are found in north america. The Common Wasp and German Wasp are the two main species in Europe. (called the common yellowjacket and european yellowjacket in north america). So answer is you are both right :P

Though not the same species, various very similar species of wasps from the genus Vespula (that look very similar). Technically they all are considered wasps by classification. Yellow Jacket is the name for the species of the genus that are found in north america. The Common Wasp and German Wasp are the two main species in Europe. (called the common yellowjacket and european yellowjacket in north america). So answer is you are both right :P

Ah shoot. Well I'll be sure to point out that technically I wasn't wrong. Lol, thanks for the info. X