Who have you seen live?

Sarah

Westlife (when I was young...), Hadouken (which was pretty awesome!), and then I went to Download Festival in 2010 where I saw a loooot of different bands, but the cake topper was Aerosmith - my most favourite band in the world by FAR and the only reason I went to Download at all. I waited 10 hours in the blistering heat and then freezing cold rain (stupid British weather!) just for them to start, cried through the first three songs, rocked out for 2 hours and then collapsed once they'd finished. Got carried back to my camp by strangers :D The BEST moment of my life, I wish they would play the UK more often :( I doubt they'll ever play here again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Meat Loaf, Status Quo, Motorhead, Michael Jackson and UB40.

I was offered a free ticket to see Pink Floyd in Berlin when the wall came down but it was attached to my neighbour, and it upset my then b/y at the time so I had to decline.

Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Meat Loaf, Status Quo, Motorhead, Michael Jackson and UB40.

I was offered a free ticket to see Pink Floyd in Berlin when the wall came down but it was attached to my neighbour, and it upset my then b/y at the time so I had to decline.

Some good ones there - I am envious :)

Bands wise: Motley Crue, Wednesday 13 (x3), Rammstein (x2), Papa Roach and Ozzy. Plus Leeds Festival and Field of Rock (I think that's what it's called?) in Hollland. Also Spice Girls, Steps, S Club 7 and Hearsay ;) and then Steps again at the start of the month.. :D

Stand ups are Ross Noble, Sean Lock and Russell Howard. And Mighty Boosh, WWE RAW and WWE Smackdown for telly shows :)

funny how we all seem to like rock lol. ive been to the monsters of rock at doningnton park a couple of times where i saw iron maiden, metallica, bon jovi, guns and roses, dio, err seen ozzy a couple of times,gary moore RIP, kiss, dave lee roth, the levellers,u2, pink floyd, alice cooper, steve vai err cant remember. i'd have to get the tour programmes back from mothers

i would eally like to see coldplay and the stage version of war of the worlds cos the jeff wayne one with david essex and phil lynott is classic

Genesis at Knebworth in the late 70's, Genesis at Roundhay Park in Leeds in the mid 80's, Genesis at Berlin in the mid noughties, (it was their last tour as it turned out), I guess I am rather keen on Genesis!

Barclay James Harvest, (anybody remember them), they were excellent too and part of the band still tour today.

Hot Chocolate, John Miles, (Music Was My First Love, High Fly), Steeleye Span, Sad Cafe, Human League, Roy Wood, Jasper Carrott, (yes really - Funky Moped), Enya, 10cc, ELO, Paul Carack, (each and every year), even 'Riverdance' too and lots of others that I can no longer remember, (old age I guess)!

I also saw 'The Wall', (last year), and I am hoping to see 'Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds' when it tours later this year.

As well as paying a considerable amount to see the 'real' groups it is also worth taking a look at some of the 'tribute' bands as they are sometimes better than the originals, (obviously not on every occasion), and there are some excellent venues around the country where these groups play, (not sure if the tribute bands are as well established 'over the water' in the States)?

Just to reinforce this statement take a look at the 'Australian Pink Floyd' videos on UTube as the sound and light show is trully fantastic and definitely worthy of the original group, (we saw them at Nottingham last month), although nearly as expensive as the originals!

'Musical Box' are a bunch of Canadians who perform a complete 'stage set' of several of Genesis's early shows, (sometimes using the original slides and stage props that Genesis used), and then there's numerous Led Zep, Eagles, ELO, 10cc, Thin Lizzie, TRex, Jimmi Hendrix, ZZTop tribute bands, (to name but a few), and all are exreemly cheap, (around £10 entrance fee), for an exceptional evenings entertainment.

The joys of music!

And managed an entire post without mentioning the word 'Husky' - Doh!!!!!!!

Barclay James Harvest, (anybody remember them), they were excellent too and part of the band still tour today.

And managed an entire post without mentioning the word 'Husky' - Doh!!!!!!!

theres a mocking bird singing songs in the trees (sorry thats all i know lol)

Ooh, ooh. Forgot one. Also saw the Moody Blues.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

I've never been to a concert. Not even like a local band. I've never lived anywhere near a town that had good bands but now since we live near Denver the husband and I will probably go to a few. We are thinking about Linkin Park in August.

If I could go back in time I would go to a Clash concert.

ahh come on - i can't have been the only one to have seen The Who!

I have! Back in the late '70's. My list is the same as Mazz, since I'm the one who dragged him to every one. :D Seen a few without him too...Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Topp, Rod Stewart, Journey (the original members), KISS, Black Sabbath, Chuck Berry & Dr. John together in New Orleans(awesome concert), Alice Cooper, Snow Patrol & Interpol who opened for U2, Eric Clapton, BB King.....these are all over the last 35 years....I know there's more, I just can't remember right now....the 70's and 80's are kind of blurry...:whistling:

Aaargh ............. seems to be the one HUGE downfall of living in the sticks or on the other side of the world - we don't get many bands visiting our shores :( We have a huge collection of live show DVD's to make up for it though - not the same as live but better than nothing.

Ooh, ooh. Forgot one. Also saw the Moody Blues.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

ooh i forgot one too i saw the stage version of the rocky horror picture show!! jason donovan was frank n furter. it was brill. lets do the timewarp agaaaaaaaaaain

Bon Jovi x6, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Crashdiet, 69 Eyes, Thunder, Magnum, David Lee Roth, went to Monsters of Rock (now Download) waaaaaay back in the 80's, Robbie Williams (with a mate for her b'day :rolleyes:), and I missed out TWICE on seeing Motley Crue cos I've got no one to go with:cry1: My altogether FAVOURITE band and I've still to see them!! There are more but I can't remember them, bit fuzzy from 80's/early 90's :jawdrop:

Oh, and I've seen Lee Evans and Al Murray live

Plenty of tribute bands to add to the list.....

There are so many Ive been to im sure Ill miss ton but Ill put the ones I can remmber. I have been to a ton of local shows. We have a bunch of really awesome rock bands around here but for national bands....

Rammstein, last week, Gwar last weeka s well. Tori Amos (x5), The Ditty Bops, Mighty Mighty Bosstones (x3), Deftones (x2), Slayer ( my first concert at 16)x2, Ozzy Osborne, Slipknot (x3), Lacuna Coil (x2), Judas Priest, Black Label Society, Bouncing Souls, Ani Difranco, Dave Matthews Band, Primus, Motley Crue, Poison, Kix, Brian Setzer, Mindless Self Indulgence, Tool, System of a Down, Green Day. And tons more at festivals. Im sure Ill look back at this and see something I forgot...

too many to mention went to 1-3 gigs a week for 10 years

bmth in a tiny pub before they hit the scene, iron maiden, slipknot,devil driver ect pretty much every metal band going for the last 10 years inc 2 festivals a year

best festival- download with iron maiden i was so smashed i ended up in the campsite when i was trying to get home and crash in some random woman tent :jawdrop: plus watching maiden is why metal is so special

best gig- getting stoned with cannibal corpse before a gig

best arena gig- slipknot cos back then they were amazing and it was an amazing gig

:wave1:

I missed out TWICE on seeing Motley Crue cos I've got no one to go with:cry1: My altogether FAVOURITE band and I've still to see them!!

I have their Carnival of Sins live DVD - the closest I will ever get to seeing them live. I must say that of all the metal bands, Iron Maiden is one I would love to see live.

I have their Carnival of Sins live DVD - the closest I will ever get to seeing them live. I must say that of all the metal bands, Iron Maiden is one I would love to see live.

Yes, I've seen the Carnival of Sins dvd, but it's nothing compared to seeing them live :( Iron Maiden was a good show, but that was before 'Eddie' was motorised - he used to be just a huge cut out!

I've seen The Prodigy, Coldplay- with Supergrass and Morning Runner supporting, Kelly Clarkson, Muse with Lily Allen and The Big Pink supporting (plus special guest Prof. Green?!) , Kylie (3 times!), and the weekend just gone my all time fave band Sixpence None the Richer who had Ezra Axelrod supporting them. Going to see Alanis Morisette in June :D

At my uni ball (ahem....about 8 years ago!) there were Girls Aloud, Jamelia and Chicane. (Chicane were good)

Can't remember if I've seen anyone else!