Puppy naptime, how often?

Jerad

So, my pup, Gibson - an overall well behaved pup and quite an energetic one during playtime - likes to nap for much of the day. I realize a dogs activity varies per individual, and puppies need additional sleep especially when they are actively growing. My question is, how often did your pups sleep? Or how often do they - in the case that your pup is still a pup. :)

He still sleeps soundly at night, so I'm not worried that he is getting too much, and he gets above average exercise for his age (he is big for his age though, and I never push him past his comfort zone).

I'd say Niko probably takes 3 or 4 hour to two hour naps then he also sleeps through the night. Well, he could be getting up and playing in his crate or something but he certainly doesn't wake us up. He plays pretty hard when he's awake, doing laps in the living room and tormenting everyone in the house. xD

I'd say Niko probably takes 3 or 4 hour to two hour naps then he also sleeps through the night. Well, he could be getting up and playing in his crate or something but he certainly doesn't wake us up. He plays pretty hard when he's awake, doing laps in the living room and tormenting everyone in the house. xD

I do laps with my Gibson around the kitchen island. He loves running with me or chasing me. I also run usually about 15 miles a week, so when he is a big boy he'll have fun with that! :D

Mine used to sleep for most of the day. He would wake up every hour or two and behave like a crazy monster for a while, then he went back to bad.

I voted for 2-4 times a day, but it was much more than that. But yeah, that's husky puppies: hyperactive when awake, but they sleep for most of the time (thankfully!!!!)

Kiska would sleep a solid 8 hours through the night and then have LOTS of naps during the day. At least 8-10! She would run around and be crazy for about 45 minutes and then crash out and sleep for 30 minutes, constantly throughout the day.

When we first got Ryder at 5 weeks he slept so much. Would happily snooze for 1 - 2 hours, wake up to pee/poo/eat/drink/play for 5 minutes then crash out again. Bar his first 2 nights he's slept through the night too. About 7 - 8 hours.

Now he's 11 weeks and has about 4-5 naps a day (my poll's wrong because I clicked the wrong bubble :() he will sleep after breakfast/morning walk for 1 - 2 hours. Then he'll only go down for about 30 minutes after that. But since we've been walking him he's pretty dopey and wanting to go to bed at around 8pm - we try and keep him going about until 9pm though so he's fully knackered for bedtime. We did put him down at 8pm when he first started getting tired at 8pm but found he was up howling at 5am, which I just can't do for the next 14+ years!

• 2 weeks later...

Just the info I was looking for! Nala is 9 weeks and sleeps a lot but when awake I'm convinced she thinks she's a flea... Bouncing round the house like a nutter!

5 days in a she likes her crate till about 4am to pee then sleeps for another few hours! So far so good!!

luka sleeps about 7-8 hours throughout the night. and then about 8 hours of the day. the rest of the time he spend terrorizing me. He also like others likes to run laps around the living room and my bedroom. I have a tall bed and as of right now he can run underneath it. that won't last long ;)

Nikko goes to sleep around 9-10pm at night and sleeps until 6am. He is in his crate from 8-noon and again 1-4 so I assume he sleeps most of the time in there too. So I would say he sleeps about 12-14 hours a day

Same as most puppies, Ghost usually slept for 1-2 hours, once he slept for 6 whole hours. I woke him up then because I was scared that sth might have been wrong... Now, don't know if it's the hot weather he sometimes sleeps (between walks) 3-4 hours that he actually sleeps through his food time (fav time of day) and from about 8pm he's done for the day, unless I move around the rooms, he likes to follow me. :)