Baby Attacked by Ferret

Alex T

I'm not sure what to make of this:confused:

Never heard of a ferret attacking a child before so glad to hear the kids ok, but it does seem to be a bit of an exaggeration, I still have war wounds (which I'm proud to have:D, yes, I'm weird) from playing with my ferret and I know, as I'm sure many others do, what a ferrets bite is capable of, they will latch on with intent, will not let go, and can bite to the bone, I would say the kid did have a lucky escape but to say the kid was savaged, I'd have to disagree

The photos actually made me laugh! A teensy little puncture on a baby's finger. Newsworthy for how random the attack was, but a little over the top, I think!

I mean, that would really be a totally random and scary thing to happen, and the first thing I'd be thinking was rabies, but if it were attacking my baby I'd be grabbing the thing by the back of the neck and killing it! At the very least flinging it away and then either kicking it or stomping its skull in if it tried to come back... Three adults couldn't stop or kill a persistent ferret after nearly half an hour?

Right I have to speak from first hand experience here I had 2 pet ferrets my self both hand raised handled daily had run of the house to be honest apart from dinner time and when I went out one day being 7 months pregnant I went to feed them and one of them grabbed onto my hand and wouldn't let go it was the skin between my thumb and second finger sadly he had to be put down as I didn't trust him after that and didn't want him doing it to any one else his brother was rehomed as I was scared to handle him it hurt and he the bite went straight through my skin I also had a friend who had a ferret and his was very nasty too don't think from my experience they make good pets.

Right I have to speak from first hand experience here I had 2 pet ferrets my self both hand raised handled daily had run of the house to be honest apart from dinner time and when I went out one day being 7 months pregnant I went to feed them and one of them grabbed onto my hand and wouldn't let go it was the skin between my thumb and second finger sadly he had to be put down as I didn't trust him after that and didn't want him doing it to any one else his brother was rehomed as I was scared to handle him it hurt and he the bite went straight through my skin I also had a friend who had a ferret and his was very nasty too don't think from my experience they make good pets.

We have 2 ferrets at the moment - both handled daily - never bite! Granted they did at first, but that was soon tamed out of them! Even my youngest (who's 2) can pick them up and handle them. We find them to be great pets!

A rodent. Pet or not...it's a rodent attacking your child.

I'm very glad it wasn't a random dog or cat or something with a larger bite radius. How increadably disappointing...poor kid. She gets to grow up and be 'that kid whose mom let a ferret maul her' cuz ya know...she might have gotten bitten whacking it on the head when it was biting her child.

UGH

Poor lil Lola, Glad she's ok but found parts of the story funny

"Two passing firefighters dashed to her rescue  then spent 25 minutes fending off the frenzied creature as it tried to get past them and savage the baby again."

The Suns made it sound like a Bear!!

Poor lil Lola, Glad she's ok but found parts of the story funny

"Two passing firefighters dashed to her rescue  then spent 25 minutes fending off the frenzied creature as it tried to get past them and savage the baby again."

The Suns made it sound like a Bear!!

Thing that makes me lol the most at this part is that of you know ferrets its was probably just duking and diving (playing)! Ours do it all the time - especially when the kids react to them!