Pit bulls in Maryland

PnkFlyd204

As a pit bull advocate I always see/hear unending reports like this. Their is so much misinformation, myths, distortion, and bias on the medias part along with those who support these kinds of bills. It often feels like a losing battle in trying to educate the general public. People are always looking for a scape goat when mistakes are made and never seem to want to own up for what is done wrong. This goes for irresponsible owners, breeders, etc. I noticed it mentioned this occurred after an attack on a child. Well their are a lot of factors behind dog bits and attacks. Most are always so quick to blame an animal, where were the parent? How was the dog raised? Did the dog have any medical conditions? The list of questions could go on and on.

As most know I do not believe pit bulls are inherently dangerous but for argument sake lets say they are. Ultimately in my eyes the blame still falls on humans as we are the ones who manipulate and create dog breeds, we are the ones who breed dogs for specific purposes. Even in this light I see the 2 legged ones as the monsters. This is all just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.