Pinto Husky

Rosemary

I have always wondered about Ozzy's coat markings, and today by accident found out he has what is called a Pinto coat and his colour is a Red Copper - this changes though and just before he blows it gets a lot lighter to what is an Orange Copper. He is 2 and a half, and I only found this out now :( This is the first time I have seen a reference to a pinto coat so not quite sure about how accurate it is.

http://cowgirl0216.hubpages.com/hub/Colors-of-Siberian-Huskies

I've heard breeders refer to a splash coat as pinto before. In fact, when I registered Viggo, the AKC term for his markings was "pinto", not splash coat. Although I always call him a spalsh coat, lol.

PS- the red and white piebald on that website is owned by my boy's breeder. I wonder if she knows they are using her picture. Hmmmmmmmmm

Yeah I 've seen pictures of the pinto/piebald markings, I presume they're technically the same thing???

Most of the pictures usually have a mainly white dog with the odd patch here and there of colour like the picture below. I much prefer Ozzy's markings. He's a lovely looking dog! :heartbeat:

post-3916-0-55687800-1402940075_thumb.jp

post-6386-13586037990628_thumb.jpg

"pinto"? Like, in the horses world? That actually sounds very nice

Dime is a diluted black (non-shedding period) and dark grey (shedding period) :wub: cool LOL

The pinto in horses would be more like piebald in huskies. :-) To add to the confusion...

Yeah I 've seen pictures of the pinto/piebald markings, I presume they're technically the same thing???

Most of the pictures usually have a mainly white dog with the odd patch here and there of colour like the picture below. I much prefer Ozzy's markings. He's a lovely looking dog! :heartbeat:

[ATTACH=full]48898[/ATTACH]

I think pinto is less white, more so just white on the shoulder area, whereas piebalds are mostely white with patches of color. Like the dog in this picture... I'd call it a piebald. My boy Tika is a red and white piebald too.

scaled.php?server=151&filename=tika7weeksold.jpg&res=landing

I've heard breeders refer to a splash coat as pinto before. In fact, when I registered Viggo, the AKC term for his markings was "pinto", not splash coat. Although I always call him a spalsh coat, lol.

PS- the red and white piebald on that website is owned by my boy's breeder. I wonder if she knows they are using her picture. Hmmmmmmmmm

Rio, right? He's an amazing looking husky +_+ as well as yours ^-^

the breeder i got Luka from had two litters for the year and the first litter had a beautiful little piebald puppy. I was really close to getting him instead but i decided to wait awhile and fell in love with Luka instead. Luka is going to be "wolf grey" it seems. He has a lot of tan/beige coloring to him. :) I picked him out for that exact reason. He looks like a little wolf. haha and he acts like one too. Teething stage is wearing me out!!!

aww gorgeous photos i think diva is a wolf grey shes grey white with tan ears and a bit of tan on her back legs lol