Mom charged with taking daughter, 5, into tanning booth

aronoiiel

WARNING: before clicking the link the mother is seriously disturbing looking (at least to me) I mean to the point of turning your stomach. I think it has to do with the lighting in the room given the pictures of her in court but still ew.

I cant for the life of me see how anyone could willingly do that to their skin let alone let their child see what they have done :( Whether she is guilty or not I think she needs some serious counseling about her addiction.

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/Mom-charged-with-taking-daughter-5-into-tanning-booth-149832305.html

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously I have nothing against tanning I don't do it myself but I have co workers that do and they look really good but that's just way to excessive; and to have a child on top of that is just disturbing to me.

no me neither - but she's taken it a few steps too far imo :confused:

There is an update to this but I don't have it handy...

Essentially there are witnesses stating that the girl did NOT in fact go into the tanning booth at all, and that it's being blown out of proportion. In my own experience with age restricted activities in America: The risk of losing your business, job and livlihood in addition to being fined are too large for any worker who isn't a moron to allow this.

Just my 2cents. Also the woman is...well I think she could very well double as a handbag...that just looks leathery and ick.

i'm aware of the risks of tanning yet i still do it. HOWEVER, there is no reason to take tanning to that extent. if you wish to be that dark that is what spray tans are for. i doubt she took her kid to tan though. First off, getting a sunburn from a tanning bed is completely different than one from outside. A sunburn from outside is way more severe and can blister. You would have to lay in a tanning bed for more than the maximum time to achieve that type of burn and that is just not possible. also... anyone else notice she's from New Jersey? surprise... haha

ever see the show My Strange Addictions? I'm surprised she hasn't ended up on there yet... I've seen overly tan people, especially when I lived in florida... but holy shed!

At least her skin is probably in such bad condition even skin cancer thinks twice about visiting.

ever see the show My Strange Addictions? I'm surprised she hasn't ended up on there yet... I've seen overly tan people, especially when I lived in florida... but holy shed!

At least her skin is probably in such bad condition even skin cancer thinks twice about visiting.

that reminds me of an episode in that show... Even the addict in that show is NOT as "tan" as her! :confused: wonder why she hasn't end up on there yet, too!

The mother looks terrifying :P However I don't believe she put her daughter in the booth her little girl is fair skinned and a red head which means she burn's easy very very easy I have a friend who is a red head and she can spend time outside in the sun less then me :P I think they are just blowing it out of proportion

I saw this story yesterday and her appearance made me cringe. Ewwww. I don't know how anyone would think this is beautiful. This woman makes me proud to be ghostly white, LOL.

Me too Nikki! I'm comfortable in my lily white skin. I've never been able to tan...my skin type just doesn't take to it. Burn and peel......:D

anyone else notice she's from New Jersey? surprise... haha

I grew up in New Jersey for 20 years, and unfortunately because of a seriously deranged group of individuals started a show called the Jersey Show, and now this lunatic who looks like she smeared chocolate pudding all over her face is from Jersey seriously doesn't help my case, but point is- NOT EVERYONE from New Jersey likes to go tanning, fist pump, and say cauffee (coffee).

It's actually one of the highest taxed states and to live there is very expensive, esp lower central/southern Jersey..

So stop hating on my state!! :)

I'd be curious to know how old she is?. With a 5 yr old she could be anything from 25 to 35 on average, but she looks much much older than 35

She just looks bizarre, white people don't look 'right' that dark, it's not in the least attractive

because of a seriously deranged group of individuals started a show called the Jersey Show

Is that different from Jersey Shore or am I completely missing the point? Try watching The Only Way is Essex or Geordie Shore. UK programmes, but you might be able to get them overseas via Sky / catch up or whatever. Probably available on Youtube

I grew up in New Jersey for 20 years, and unfortunately because of a seriously deranged group of individuals started a show called the Jersey Show, and now this lunatic who looks like she smeared chocolate pudding all over her face is from Jersey seriously doesn't help my case, but point is- NOT EVERYONE from New Jersey likes to go tanning, fist pump, and say cauffee (coffee).

It's actually one of the highest taxed states and to live there is very expensive, esp lower central/southern Jersey..

So stop hating on my state!! :)

No hate for Jersey...just the Shore they show on TV

i wasn't hating on the entire state of New Jersey just the people that live there that do act like the cast of Jersey shore. It's all in good fun, people in the north have made PLENTY of comments about how people in the south are all rednecks and stupid, but i know that's not true. :D