Mom charged with taking daughter, 5, into tanning booth

aronoiiel

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm olive tinted, and haven't used sunscreen in about 10 years (since I had the choice to). I will get more tan when I am doing things like rafting, or general outdoor fun activities. But I don't ever try to tan, it just happens naturally. And it sure as hell looks nothing like that! LOL

I tan naturally when I am outside - as a dog owner I am obviously outside! When I was training to be a Geophysicist I was out 'in the field' a lot so got various tans (even in Scotland & Wales, although some of that was reflection from the snow). Now I work in an office (oil exploration) so I don't see any sun. And we have *special* window glass that reflects uv / heat / etc. My arms tan quite well, but I need to protect my head (lack of hair!)

I have read other press releases on this subect. If the 5 year old did not go into the tanning booth with her mother how did she get the burns on her body that her teacher noted and reported? Also I find it strange that the child is still being allowed to live with her parents so I feel we are not getting the full story. The Mother must have an addictive personality if she has to have the tanning done so frequently, also the risk she is running from skin cancer is astronomical. End of the day poor kid for having a mother like that.