Whats the most you would pay for a bed ?

I got a new bed a few weeks back as I was in desperate need of one because our old bed was held up in the middle by stacks of books :redface1:.

Now my mum is a self employed cleaner and cleans for a lady who is a millionaire and owns a big 5 bedroom house, every room has its own bathroom, 3 living rooms, stables ....you get the picture.

Anyway I was helping my mum out one day and she is friends with this lady. I was shouted upstairs and asked if I would be offended if they offered me this bed, it was propped up in one of the bathrooms in the way and she was going to take it to the tip. It was in perfect condition and only 15 months but she had bought a new one and didnt know what to do with this one.

I had a look and it looked brand new so I was over the moon and took her kind offer.

She was then talking about how she found it too soft to sleep on but it was brand new condition and seemed a shame to throw it, she then told us it cost her £7000 and that was in a sale marked down considerably.

I know she has a lot of money but I will be honest I did think she was exaggerating. Didnt think anymore of it until talking to a friend tonight on facebook about beds and was telling her about mine. I then ran upstairs to see if it had the make ect... and it did. So and googled

http://www.furniturevillage.co.uk/Inventory/Bedroom/Vi-Spring-Tiara-Superb/7-215cm-zip-divan.aspx << this is my bed and OMG she certainly wasnt exaggeratng.

I think its a stupidly insane amount of money to spend on a bed and I would never spend that much, whats the most you would pay for a bed

(have to admit its the comfiest bed ive EVER slept on and is like sleeping on a cloud !)

even when I told you the night before we got it I thought they were exaggerating about the price, im pretty shocked. Tony just said, sell the friggin bed we will buy a really good caravan PMSL

LOL You should do that!!!!

We just bought a Posturpedic and it was about $3000. I felt like royalty paying so much, but its a 20 year warranty and supposed to be one of the most comfortable on the market. I told everyone on facebook I'm officially an adult paying so much for a household item.

Wow thats one very expensive bed I paid £450 for just my bedframe got a brand new mattress just before I got the frame lol

I would not pay that amount of money for a bed most I would pay would be £ 500.-...

also I would NOT sell a bed like that if it was mine...must be so comfortable to sleep in and just look how long it is...2.15 meters I would have space to spare with my 2 meters...LOLOL

Several years ago I spent about £150 on a double bed that I found to be very comfy for many years and was gutted when it needed replacing. I spent about £300 on the replacement bed but wouldn't say it's twice as comfy

My current mattress is $2.8k , can't put a price on protecting your back and a good nights sleep. I'm not a millionaire, quite far from it, I would spend 7k on a mattress if I had the money. Most I spent on a mattress was for my parents who have worked hard their whole life to support me and my siblings so they deserved it, it was almost 4k (mum yelled at me, saying it was a waste of money but I know she loves the mattress).