8 week old puppy biting

Dinocookies

I am yet awaiting the arrival of my new puppy, but from doing extensive research; if they are nipping too hard you should yelp like other pups pups & then stop play and leave the room so your puppy associates that her biting excessively is not good and causes play time to be over! also try a scruff of the neck shake not to hurt her just to merely shock her and say a firm NO! and then stop play, and I'm sure in no time she will learn how to control the pressure of her bite. Hope this helped somewhat, and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I am yet awaiting the arrival of my new puppy, but from doing extensive research; if they are nipping too hard you should yelp like other pups pups & then stop play and leave the room so your puppy associates that her biting excessively is not good and causes play time to be over! also try a scruff of the neck shake not to hurt her just to merely shock her and say a firm NO! and then stop play, and I'm sure in no time she will learn how to control the pressure of her bite. Hope this helped somewhat, and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

That's how we got Zoya to stop. Took a few weeks, but it worked.

luka is constantly pushing his dominance. he is also REALLY testing my patience. i even turned my back to him like someone else recommended, instead of leaving me alone my back was attacked. lol he's very lucky he's so stinking cute. but seriously i do not wish to be his personal chew toy anymore and i want to end this before it goes on too long. I really think i have my hands full with this one lol. don't even get me started on potty training... :duh:

luka is constantly pushing his dominance. he is also REALLY testing my patience. i even turned my back to him like someone else recommended, instead of leaving me alone my back was attacked. lol he's very lucky he's so stinking cute. but seriously i do not wish to be his personal chew toy anymore and i want to end this before it goes on too long. I really think i have my hands full with this one lol. don't even get me started on potty training... :duh:

Another thing I may suggest, from research & from what my girlfriend did with her husky when he was a pup, it may seem taboo to some but each to their own; put a few drops of vinegar into a spray bottle mixed with water, and if they do nip & then continue after you've tried to correct them, spray this vinegar water into their mouth, as dogs do not like sour tastes, this should teach them to not to nip and continue as it will further associate their nipping with a negative result! And be consistent! And praise them ALOT when they do well & listen. :) hope this helps! :)

When he bites, give a very sharp NO or a OUCH or yelp like a pup would make .this will be the reaction that your pup will get from another puppy if they will play to hard .Give him a toy that he can chew or a bone a hong will be a good if your pup ignores your reaction and bites again repeat no, ouch and leave the room for a few minutes let he knows when he bites he will lose his playmate Be persistent

thanks ella! i will start leaving the room. i usually try to give him toys (sometimes that works) but when he's determined he wants to play like that he doesn't give up. He's starting to do it to anyone that enters my house and i don't want that!