Biking Fun!

HuskyMom09

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww glad you're both enjoying it :D i'd opt for a different harness though - one that's more comfortable any doesn't bunch up x

It only bunches up when I slow down (aka taking pics). I'm not coordinated enough to pedal and pic at the same time!

Aww looks like he loves it! :)

I got the walkydog fitted to my bike on monday so been trying that out with D (or did until the chain on my bike broke :duh:) Only trouble im having is i dont have anywhere to run him :(

I may also have to buy a harness from alpine outfitters though, they do a harness that you can have 3 D rings on the back so if you're biking and want the dog running next to you, you can clip it to the side and the harness wont turn :D

I got the walkydog fitted to my bike on monday so been trying that out with D (or did until the chain on my bike broke :duh:) Only trouble im having is i dont have anywhere to run him :(

I may also have to buy a harness from alpine outfitters though, they do a harness that you can have 3 D rings on the back so if you're biking and want the dog running next to you, you can clip it to the side and the harness wont turn :D

Honestly I could just clip the carabiner around the middle of the X...might try that tomorrow.

is there not a local park near you were you can run him? thats what i do :)

is there not a local park near you were you can run him? thats what i do :)

Nope, woods behind which are too boggy atm to even attempt to bike in, or main roads infront which im not risking taking D near. When i move end of June there are paths that follow the cannals so that will be better :)

Nope, woods behind which are too boggy atm to even attempt to bike in, or main roads infront which im not risking taking D near. When i move end of June there are paths that follow the cannals so that will be better :)

yeah id say it would be too dodgy on the main road alright :) ohhh sounds nice, bike ride up the canal.. lucky you :)

i go biking aswell but dont have any equipment.. just a lead harness and bike haha

thats all I use....I hold their lead with my left, steer the bike and brake with my right.....

make sure that they are good with the "leave it" command though lol....or you will have some road rash or end up in a ditch....

thats all I use....I hold their lead with my left, steer the bike and brake with my right.....

make sure that they are good with the "leave it" command though lol....or you will have some road rash or end up in a ditch....

lol yeah i hold the lead in my left aswell, i wanna get anothe husky but i presume its hard with two is it?

lol yeah i hold the lead in my left aswell, i wanna get anothe husky but i presume its hard with two is it?

well when my two run, they like to stay next to each other....so it's not bad.... both listen well.....but I see where two could be a bad scenerio lol...

Great pics, he looks quite happy! I was thinking of getting a bike attachment to exercise Echo with, I just worry about her trying to bolt if she's sees another animal, does the Springer absorb shock pretty well if something like that were to happen?

I tried the hooking it to the bike, and learn the hard way that it was a bad idea, in my case...I have more control holding the lead...

but try both ways to see what you like better...

Great pics, he looks quite happy! I was thinking of getting a bike attachment to exercise Echo with, I just worry about her trying to bolt if she's sees another animal, does the Springer absorb shock pretty well if something like that were to happen?

It really did work! Our first ride Denali got distracted by a large flock of birds landing in a field to our left (the side he gaits on), he tried to jump toward the birds but I hit the brakes, gave him a verbal leave it command, and the resistance of the spring brought him back in line. The other thing I learned was keep the lead short to him so he can't cross in front of the bike. But now on our 4th ride he's got his working brain on and isn't as easily distracted, we'll see how it continues to go though! Still lots of room to learn :) for both of us!!

Oh and I didn't trust the piece of plastic and braided rope that is supposed to attach the dog to the bike that came with the springer set up...so I opted for a climbing carabiner and graded climbing rope.

well when my two run, they like to stay next to each other....so it's not bad.... both listen well.....but I see where two could be a bad scenerio lol...

haha yeah, 1st time i done it kaiser ran infront of the bike, nearly killed us both :o

Honestly I could just clip the carabiner around the middle of the X...might try that tomorrow.

I would use a padded shoulder/walking harness when using the springer , not sure its a good idea to put carabiner through x area . He looks nice & happy in the pics .Not being negative but try to find somewhere other than a road to run on as it is hard on the pooches pads. xxx

I bike with my girl to but I just a bungee gangline attached to my bike and she wears a shoulder harness as I was told x back harness should only be worn when they run on a scooter or a rig lol xx

Beautiful pics, Denali looks like he's enjoying himself, I don't think there's anything more exciting or fun than biking with my two, I had a bad accident recently (bike failure but we are all fine) and couldn't ride for a while, I never realized how much I would miss it until then, now with a new bike, the dogs are grateful to be able to run again :D