Alternatives to a Baby Gate?

Elyse

Read here so you're up to speed, if you don't know about Suka's problem already: http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/sudden-arthritis-flare-up-yelping.40360/

The vet suggested to get a 'baby gate' for the stairs...she doesn't want him to go bounding up and down the stairs for at least a month. The last time this kind of thing happened (last year in the summer, actually!), we bought a baby gate but he ended up jumping over it!

Do you guys have any other suggestions for a baby gate?

The only thing I can think of is perhaps a baby gate with a curtain put up behind it as a visual deterrent, so you'd end up with something like this

Haven't tried it myself so not sure if it would work

Could u get two baby gates one above the other so it's too high for him 2 jump ' date=' awkward but all I can think ov[/quote']

Depends on the type of gate? If they are pressure fit then there will be a bar across the bottom, so putting one above another will mean there is a horizontal bar at around your waist / chest height (ish - depending on your height!) so you could fit one above the other with the upper one upside down? Then the upper one's horizontal bar would be more like head height (ish - again). Or check out the taller stair gates?