sooo excited i'm going to explode!!

maya's mummy

does anyone have any advice on how to introduce him into our home?

i was thinking about letting them meet in bacjk garden and then allowing maya to allow him into her home.. but then i think well isnt it up to me to tell her its ok for him to come in? So any advice would be great lol thank you

Awesome. I will hardly sleep tonight cos tomorrow we are going to bring a friend home for Kobi (we are fostering).

We are going to introduce them on the park land by the house then walk them together, after that we will bring them into back garden and let them offlead with supervision. It's been suggested we put kobi's toys away and for a few days give them reward based treats. Will have a water bottle on stand by and just play it by ear.

Good luck for June :)

Awesome. I will hardly sleep tonight cos tomorrow we are going to bring a friend home for Kobi (we are fostering).

We are going to introduce them on the park land by the house then walk them together, after that we will bring them into back garden and let them offlead with supervision. It's been suggested we put kobi's toys away and for a few days give them reward based treats. Will have a water bottle on stand by and just play it by ear.

Good luck for June :)

oh good luck! do let us know how it goes! Thats basically the same idea as me so i think i may have it right then. Are you collecting another huskie?

Edited by maya's mummy

does anyone have any advice on how to introduce him into our home?

i was thinking about letting them meet in bacjk garden and then allowing maya to allow him into her home.. but then i think well isnt it up to me to tell her its ok for him to come in? So any advice would be great lol thank you

If both dogs are laid-back and calm, back yard is ok. If not, try a neutral ground which is wherever BUT your home. Like, a quiet road where you often walk Maya. Make sure you're not alone. One person per dog so that the dogs can be controlled more easily. Make sure to let 'em meet each other at least 2-3 times before bringing him home to see if they like each other. ALWAYS introduce them in a neutral ground. Not in the shelter, not in your home :) don't let 'em meet face to face too quickly. Walk them together (side by side) for a good amount of time before you let 'em look into each other's eyes. This is all an act to prevent fights, but a fight between a male and a female is fairly rare (don't let your guard down tho)

• 1 month later...

well everyone! "rafe" has now been with us 8 weeks and him and Maya are in lurve!! They are bessie mates and she is so protective of him!! Even though he is nearly double her size lol

He's settled in well with my family and is a joy to have around except.. he's eaten and dug my carpet in the hallway, ripped down my nets and curtains, eaten a few things and escapes his crate!!! I need huge advice on Crate training as he is slowly destroying my house. He completely loses the plot with seperation anxiety as soon as i leave the house. I'm pulling my hair out. I've tried leaving for 5 mins and slowly increasing it but he just howls and pants and sweats and goes barmy until he gets out the crate, then jumps the stair gate, opens every single door and destroys whatever he can find. He was messing and peeing in my kitchen every night but i've got him past that until today when i went out for 15mins! he went in my sons room and did his business!!?? So any help would be wonderful!! thank you. Also he sleeps in my room with Maya down beside my bed all night and is only put in the crate when i go out (not often and max ever is 1 hour)