How To "Like" a post on new forum

Sarah

Hi Guys

A few people have been asking how to "like" someone's post - now we're on new software it's slightly different.

LIKES are now REPS (Reputation) and to give one of these click the button as shown in the screen capture below.

To see what your reputation is - hover your mouse over the green buttons under your username, also circled in the screen shot below.

post-4-13586038862396_thumb.png

Users also have a reputation POWER. This is shown as per the below:

post-4-13586038862694_thumb.png

As you can see My Diamond has a rep power of 3, so if she gives rep to someone, she will give them 3 points. Your power changes depending on how active you are on the forum. EG if you've been a member on the forum for 365 days you'll gain a point. For every 5000 posts you'll gain a point. For every 1000 rep points, you'll gain a point.

Hope this helps - any questions, just shout up xx

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"may you be lucky enough to receive reputation in return" LOL awww nice icon btw... Reminds me to a sheriff badge <3

have just read about the rep.power thing... Somehow it made me feels like playing battle games (ok I'm weird) LOL I LOVE THIS NEW ADDITION! :D

Edited by mydiamond

you will as if say i like or add rep you'll get 18 instead of 1 lol

OK so we just need to work out how to impress you enough to get you to like our posts - I can do with 18 reps ;):lolman:

So we will never be able to see how many rep points we actually have or see who liked what post, etc ?

OK so we just need to work out how to impress you enough to get you to like our posts - I can do with 18 reps ;):lolman:

So we will never be able to see how many rep points we actually have or see who liked what post, etc ?

for cheek i added to your rep lol

i don't know yet - still working through that with marc x

I don't mind not knowing how many rep points I have, but think it is may be beneficial to know who likes what posts - it is often an eye opener and an insight to what members think about current trends/events/thoughts :) Just a thought :D

I don't mind not knowing how many rep points I have, but think it is may be beneficial to know who likes what posts - it is often an eye opener and an insight to what members think about current trends/events/thoughts :) Just a thought :D

good point i'll ask [MENTION=1]Marc[/MENTION] if we will be able to view where likes / reps have been given