Home alone.

NEEKO

Just interested to find out from people with 1 or more huskys,where they stay when there home alone. Are they outside,inside,are then in crates,dog runs etc.And what was the out come of the first experience of leaving them home alone.

all my boys are crate trained - when we're out and they can't come with us they're in their crates but curl up and snooze.

Kimba and Kaiser were crate trained from pups but we rehomed Koda at 18 months, he wasn't crate trained so that was a slog but we got there :D

Mine just stay indoors have the run of the house just have to hide the bin in the kitchen (open plan living) because Alpha likes to get his nose in there otherwise no problems...

Echo has run of the house. I live in an apartment, and she does better loose than in a crate. She was not crate trained when I got her, and has proven herself trustworthy in the house. Of course, I have it puppy proofed.. she is an opportunist, but if there's nothing for her to get to, she won't go out of her way to find trouble to get into.

Our three have the run of the downstairs living areas. We have various rugs and crates they can sleep in if they choose. Favourite places are the sofa and under my computer desk. Considering all three have come from different backgrounds they have so far been magnificent when left alone.

We usually take precautions when we know we are going to be out for a long period. This usually involves getting up early and taking them out on a long 5-7 mile walk before leaving them snoozing in the house.

Thanks all for your feed back..it sounds so great that you can all let your dogs roam in the house while your out..I dont think neeko would be so easy, WITHOUT chewing everything. He chews his bedding in his crate alot. I wouldn't like it to happen to the couch ha ha ha :-D..

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Mine are outside when we aren't home or are in bed. Scout on account of being a boredom chewer - he's outgrown it somewhat, but it's easier this way - and Wyatt on account of not trusting him with the cat. He's totally fine with the cat now, but I wouldn't trust them alone unsupervised for 8 hours - mostly because the cat would probably harass Wyatt until he snapped and went after him, or at the very least would torment him nonstop.

Neither of them really bark much, so there's been no issues with the neighbours.