Throw your annoyances my way

Marc

You need to go into Settings>General Settings (top right)

I bet your fed up saying the above. I wondered if it would be something so simple, although not to me as you already know what i'm like on computers :D

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you use Italics and other font buttons and change back to regular, it works fine until you hit backspace. Then the cursor leaps back to your font change and starts deleting/retyping from there. So bizarre, and so annoying!!!

Also, I didn't read all the posts so if this was mentioned already I apologize!

Because your backspacing to an area with italics (even a space can be italics). Happened on the last forum too LOL. And tbh has happened on just about every forum I have ever been on, plus word, plus outlook and many more. And for the record, yeah it annoys me too LOL. Not much can be done about it though Im afraid as its part of the editor software which is third party even to vbulletin.

Because your backspacing to an area with italics (even a space can be italics). Happened on the last forum too LOL. And tbh has happened on just about every forum I have ever been on, plus word, plus outlook and many more. And for the record, yeah it annoys me too LOL. Not much can be done about it though Im afraid as its part of the editor software which is third party even to vbulletin.

Huh, that's bizarre. I've never had that happen before in any Microsoft products, and I use italics all the time! Never had it happen in the forum's other format - I doubt I was just never making any mistakes!

The area co-ordinators were announced about a month before the move, Molly (Giz Maiz and Deisel) and Stormy cover the Midlands, Amy (Siberian_Wolf) and Hy'Shqa cover the south and Pete (riot chaos etc) and myself cover the north at the mo

what area are you in?

Surrey so I guess we are in the south area.

No, she is right. This is a new issue with the editor. The problems appears when you have markup somewhere in your message but not at the ending. When you backspace once, the cursor instantly teleports to this markup, instead of the second to last character. Happens at least in Chrome.

Wait, so different skins are only going to be for site sponsors now or are you just working on skins in general? /Curious

Different skins have only ever been available to site sponsors other than the mobile skin.

@Austinville, shoot, don't feel guilty, @Marc is the one who did this so he deserves all the "help" he can get - and maybe just a little grief as well.

On that note, @Marc, darflich mit den map ich kan sie helfen, Ich könnt nur ein bischen Deutsch, es ist nicht gut aber ich versteht genug. (( Now go ahead and tell me how really bad it is, hell it's been 40 years! ))

@Austinville, shoot, don't feel guilty, @Marc is the one who did this so he deserves all the "help" he can get - and maybe just a little grief as well.

On that note, @Marc, darflich mit den map ich kan sie helfen, Ich könnt nur ein bischen Deutsch, es ist nicht gut aber ich versteht genug. (( Now go ahead and tell me how really bad it is, hell it's been 40 years! ))

Have absolutly no idea as I dont speak german LMAO ...

Its actually part of something you want ;) Only currently being translated by Rob :)

well [MENTION=5355]Al Jones[/MENTION] if it has been 40 years it is pretty darn good..

well @Al Jones if it has been 40 years it is pretty darn good..

Thanks, learned German in high school (1963/1964), joined the service and spent the next 10 years running around the orient - it really has been much over 40 years! Will occasionally pick up a book (and a dictionary) but haven't had the chance to speak it in years!

that is not bad 1964 year I was born LOL...not to make you feel old there...can you watch German tv via the net? I do not mean the English speaking movies dubbed into German though nothing worse then for instance watching John Wayne talking German...

Have absolutly no idea as I dont speak german LMAO ...

Its actually part of something you want ;) Only currently being translated by Rob :)

Google translate did I use. Like yoda you sound. Properly translate it did not.

OK with it for now I am LOL.

Google translate did I use. Like yoda you sound. Properly translate it did not.

OK with it for now I am LOL.

If you didn't sound like someone speaking English with German word order that might be funny (( LMAO!!! ))

and oh yes, listening to Hoss Cartwright in the Japanese version of Bonanza was an eye opener, he has a high squeaky voice!!!