Throw your annoyances my way

Marc

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, slightly different one. Not an annoyance, just an observation. On the show / hide birthday section, it says:

"Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below. Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed."

How often does your date of birth change?

I would love a better mobile version. Right now I use the app Tap a Talk... Its pretty much sucks.

EDIT: I do love how If I do go to the actual site It some what fits my phone screen. Thank you

There is the mobile skin, tapatalk, and also forumrunner. Not many sites you will find all three LOL. Forumrunner I tend to find a little better than tapatalk to be honest so that may be worth a try for ya.

Ok, slightly different one. Not an annoyance, just an observation. On the show / hide birthday section, it says:

"Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below. Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed."

How often does your date of birth change?

Exactly the reason why it requires admin to change it. That way when someone registers with their real age and then realises they dont really want us to know they are 10 yrs old, they cant change it lol

There is the mobile skin, tapatalk, and also forumrunner. Not many sites you will find all three LOL. Forumrunner I tend to find a little better than tapatalk to be honest so that may be worth a try for ya.

Exactly the reason why it requires admin to change it. That way when someone registers with their real age and then realises they dont really want us to know they are 10 yrs old, they cant change it lol

Ok. I'll look that up. Thank you!!!

More of a query than an annoyance:

Notification emails - part of what they say is that there may be more comments after the one they are telling you about. Presumably that means not to expect a new notification for every reply until you get round to reading them. Some threads generate multiple emails (one for each new comment), others just 1 notification (for the 1st new comment) until I go and read the updates.

Is there a reason for this inconsistency? Like I said - a query but it might be a 'glitch in the matrix'

There isnt. If you are receiving more than one notification before you have logged back into the forum then this is a bug. I would double check this yourself however as I get notified for more than most and not seen this happen.

Moved this topic now away from announcements into forum help.

I get duplicate notifications while I am at work - not supposed to be logged on to the forum. I don't want to imagine how many emails you must get! They get sent to my gmail so all the notifications for any particular thread appear grouped together if that makes sense? This is far less annoying than if I used say Yahoo

I get duplicate notifications while I am at work - not supposed to be logged on to the forum. I don't want to imagine how many emails you must get! They get sent to my gmail so all the notifications for any particular thread appear grouped together if that makes sense? This is far less annoying than if I used say Yahoo

Same here. For some threads it looks like I get notification about ANY reply, regardless if I already read it or not, and for other threads I simply get one. They get grouped together in gmail so it's not too much of an issue, but I keep getting notifications of threads which are already unread for me.

Is it from specific forums ya know Jos?

I'll keep my eyes open if it happens again (one post per unread thread that is) and see if there's a pattern. Last month I got 5K new mails, nearly all of them being from Husky-Owners. That's definitely more than it ever was with the previous notifications :eek: