Marius has scabs all over his neck :(

Michelle Melsom

Ever since we moved in and Marius has been playing with my brothers dog hes got all these scabs on his neck! They are mostly to one side and on the back where my brothers dog always grabs him. Does anyone else have this issue with other dogs and their dog? He doesn't yelp when my brothers dog grabs him but he always seems to be getting war wounds. I'm going to try keeping them apart until the scabs are all cleared up. The only one that bothered him was the one on the back of his neck which I thought at the time was the only one and apparently its not :P They don't look like puncture wounds as far as i can tell it just looks like his furs been pulled out.

Poor boy :( This rings a bell somewhere in my thick head but I can't place it. My first instinct is thinking your brother's dog doesn't necessarily have good skills with bite inhibition. Man I wish I could remember why this sounds so familiar :( Sorry I can't be of much help

Now I'm starting to worry :/ Hes got them on the upper part of his legs too...Ares doesn't have any issues..is this just from my brothers dog being too rough or id there something else? some of them are huge scabs and some are smaller

Any chance you could post some pic's?

I have the same thing with Shadow... He's always play scrapping with Dimitri and other dogs and I'll give him a fuss and feel something hard around his scruff and when the fur comes out it'll have a scab on the end of end.. :-/ .. It doesn't seem to bother him and he never plays any different.. We do step in if they get to rough but I think some furries just play that way.. Maybe... Hopefully..

Looks very much like a wound my Jessie had on her leg from where milli and diva had gotten to rough with her she was covered in scabs at one point actually looked like she had been in a proper fight x

Looks very much like a wound my Jessie had on her leg from where milli and diva had gotten to rough with her she was covered in scabs at one point actually looked like she had been in a proper fight x

were they not even puncture wounds but just a bunch of surface scabs? because they seem like that I'm taking him to the vet today to get antibiotics, maybe hes just gt a super soft neck because shes not use to playing like that, that much?