Storm doing tricks off lead

Chip

First off, Please do not try this with your husky, I'm not wanting to be condescending but as I'm sure we all know, huskies should be kept on leads at all times and I'd be the first person to say it, the reason I'm posting this is because there's been a lot of talk on here recently about on or off lead and I've always been wary of posting Storm's tricks for fear of backlash, but with this thread HERE I'm hoping more people will make the correct decision.

Warning: In both vids she is offlead and there is a road nearby, Please don't watch if this affects you

Additional: Storm is neither exercised or walked in this manner, these are short 5 minute sessions, we've been doing this training for almost 2 years and do not recommend anyone to try and recreate it.

With all that being said, here's the vid Enjoy:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSb3IGIyLE

Edited by Chip

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awww shes so clever!!! love the high 5 and the stand/walking backwards!!! how did u teach her that!?

how old is she ? she looks very petite , gorgeous girl

Thank You:), She's 3 years old in July, and always been slim and slender, she tips the scales at 18 kg's (I weighed her today lol) and as for the trick I simply started by having her stand with her front paws on my chest, when she got comfortable with that I took her by the paws and gave the back command so she'd walk back on her hind legs, it just developed from there and her balance improved, the one downfall though, now she won't walk forwards like that:rolleyes:

Thank You:), She's 3 years old in July, and always been slim and slender, she tips the scales at 18 kg's (I weighed her today lol) and as for the trick I simply started by having her stand with her front paws on my chest, when she got comfortable with that I took her by the paws and gave the back command so she'd walk back on her hind legs, it just developed from there and her balance improved, the one downfall though, now she won't walk forwards like that:rolleyes:

awesome , wonder if skyla could do that lol

i suppose with skyla being a BIG bitch any dog looks petite compared to her LOL

awesome , wonder if skyla could do that lol

i suppose with skyla being a BIG bitch any dog looks petite compared to her LOL

'course she can, I just made sure Storm knew I had a treat in the hand I raised with the stand command so she knew there was a prize as well, then I'd keep my hand above her head and walk towards her so she follows the treat backwards:up:

'course she can, I just made sure Storm knew I had a treat in the hand I raised with the stand command so she knew there was a prize as well, then I'd keep my hand above her head and walk towards her so she follows the treat backwards:up:

lol she will probably just nut me instead lol

Impressive.

:)

No backlash from me, I only get annoyed when people start up threads telling everyone how they should all be doing it and that they're cruel not to. That's what gets my back up.

Impressive.

:)

No backlash from me, I only get annoyed when people start up threads telling everyone how they should all be doing it and that they're cruel not to. That's what gets my back up.

here here :up:

First off, Please do not try this with your husky, I'm not wanting to be condescending but as I'm sure we all know, huskies should be kept on leads at all times and I'd be the first person to say it, the reason I'm posting this is because there's been a lot of talk on here recently about on or off lead and I've always been wary of posting Storm's tricks for fear of backlash, but with this thread HERE I'm hoping more people will make the correct decision.

With all that being said, here's the vid Enjoy:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb7aIyLYkXw

Absolutely fantastic!! You managed to keep her concentration throughout,and she is obviously very intelligent .No back lash from me either.Congratulations on having such a well behaved husky,you should be proud of her!!

Absolutely fantastic!! You managed to keep her concentration throughout,and she is obviously very intelligent .No back lash from me either.Congratulations on having such a well behaved husky,you should be proud of her!!

Thank you, I'm as proud a husky dad as you can get :D we've worked on that for almost 2 years now so it's good to see opinions from another perspective, thanks again:D

;)***Part 2 Now in HD With added bonus tricks***;)

Ok, it bugged me that in my first vid although Storm did do the high five, she done it wrong:rolleyes:.

So I decided to do it all again and add some more of her tricks in, although this time she decided to be more stubborn lol.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIuwb7XXzpw

Edited by Chip

aww bless her! lol , she does what skyla does when she bows ,bows then plonk down goes her bum haha

i love her hi-five and her up at the tree :) she is stunning

n omg i LOVE her rainbow collar!! lol

Yeah, she wasn't meant to do that lol, glad you liked it :),and would you believe the local pet food store was selling them rainbow collars for £1, how could I say no lol

Wow,what a good and clever girl ! Not easy to keep her engaged when outside like that with so many distractions but you did,so well done again!.Keep it up and at this rate you will both be appearing on Britains Got Talent next year!!!.Now wouldn't that be something!!!

Wow,what a good and clever girl ! Not easy to keep her engaged when outside like that with so many distractions but you did,so well done again!.Keep it up and at this rate you will both be appearing on Britains Got Talent next year!!!.Now wouldn't that be something!!!

Thank you :) , that's not the first time I've heard that lol but she's nowhere near that kind of level of training imo but flattered all the same:D :thankyou:

Edited by Chip