fright of my life yesterday

x-o-emz-o-x

to paint the picture.....................................

was getting the kids ready for school and nursery, seeing to my baby boy of 16 weeks and then my phone none stops rings.......

"hi is this emma?? its the police....... your partner has been involved in a serious accident on his motorbike on his way to work.... he cannot talk at the moment and is currently being rushed to hospital"

They didnt tell me what state neil was in, if he was alive or no serious body damage??? i didnt know what to expect.... rushing to drop kids off an drive through as its an hours drive for me to get there.... i drive past his bike which was lying at the side of the road in ruins as it blew up in flames on impact,, that made me feel even more sick

get to the hospital walking through not knowing what to expect and here was neil sitting up in his bed playing on his phone!!!!!!

How the F**K he came out of that alive and with no broken bones (only severe bruising) i do not know...... all i know is how releived i felt seeing him smile!!!!

you never realise how you take things for granted.... we have now set a wedding date because of it all lol:)

sorry for the long post lol

Scary. x.x When I was a kid my neighbors parents got into a motorcycle crash and it left both of them in full body casts for several months. Drunk driver hit them head-on on the freeway (Fun fact, it's the freeway in the end of the first Fast and the Furious) and they were sent flying 40 feet. The dad still rode when he was capable. Nothing like a death scare to make you enjoy life. xD But anyway, congrats on the wedding day! Hope you two live a long and healthy life together.

oh what an emotional day you had, thank goodness he is alright and congratulations on the wedding. Sometimes we just need a wee reminder of the important things in life and the best kind of reminder is when everyone emerges unscathed from the accident.

Aww how lovely.. To the wedding announcement. And I'm so glad he's in one piece, is the bike going now? I've a friend at work whose husband recently got rid of his bike after 30 yrs of biking.. It's long very sad and too complicated to explain plus I don't want to be morbid. But he suddenly decided it was time to give it up, as much as he loved it.

Congrats on the wedding bit....

I had a not so nice bike accident about 15 years ago and the first thing I did after that was to hand back my bike license (regret that now but hey that was my thoughts at the time) it does bring you back to planet earth when it does happen....