Rant!

Removed #5

Well, it's my normal rant but I'm going to add a bit to it this time.

We're 6,000 strong scattered across 5 continents ( more or less, depending on how you count them ) we deal in different currencies, different names for similar things and the same name for widely divergent things - it sure helps when someone is replying to a question if we can look up and see where you are located! Sending someone to PetCo in most of Europe isn't going to help ( er, I don't think?? ) saying that you can buy this harness for 75.00 would be expensive if it were US dollars and cheap if they were Hong Kong dollars.

Where I'm going with this, obviously, is since we're now on a new forum and loads of people haven't stopped to fill in the location or their real names it would sure be nice to know where you all are from - especially you new folks.

With the names, some of them get rather long and until @Marc gets the drop down up again typing "Gizz, Mazz & Diesel" ( is there a comma or not, is it an & or the word and ..... ) is problematic ... and this old curmudgeon needs all the help I can get at times.

So, how 'bout being nice to an old man, eh??

Edited by Al Jones

People will be forced to fill them in before they can even see a post after tonight Al :) Tried to do it last night but there were a couple of issues with it.

And why is it exactly that people must say where they are? I get it that it's helpful in some circumstances, but let's not forget that after all, it's a public forum and maybe not everybody wants to disclose all sorts of details about them.

I mean sure, it's all fine if you want to do that, but surely you should be allowed not to give away your location (or your real name, for that matter) if you don't want to.

And why is it exactly that people must say where they are? I get it that it's helpful in some circumstances, but let's not forget that after all, it's a public forum and maybe not everybody wants to disclose all sorts of details about them.

I mean sure, it's all fine if you want to do that, but surely you should be allowed not to give away your location (or your real name, for that matter) if you don't want to.

Because if its not then people simply dont fill them in. Its to make the forum better for everyone.

Sorry but its not exactly a big ask to ask peoples first name and country ...... I mean my name is Marc and I live in the UK. what you gonna do from that? Steal by bank account? LOL

Forename is required on a lot of forums as a username, let alone as an extra field on the forum. If you have a massive problem with it then enter your from Mercury and your name is Bart Simpson.

Ok, I've just filled mine in. Sorry I was so remiss it just never occurred to me :/

One question. It says Nov 30 on my profile, is this supposed to be my birthday?, if so its wrong and I don't think I added it on the last site either:$

Ok, I've just filled mine in. Sorry I was so remiss it just never occurred to me :/

One question. It says Nov 30 on my profile, is this supposed to be my birthday?, if so its wrong and I don't think I added it on the last site either:$

yup - if you want me to change it let me know x

It is indeed.... Send me message with correct details if you would like them to be corrected