When breeding goes bad...

Removed #2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take back what I said on the thread I started about the owner maybe just going through hard financial times....doesn't take money to give your dogs fresh clean water and groom them properly...

No, it doesn't, but if you're trying to find a job, get food for your table and everything is going south, well, shit happens. I'm not defending the guy but let's not crucify him until all the information is in. If, at that time, it was outright, don't give a damn, neglect / abuse then I'll lead the pack. We know what the animals went through, we don't know what he is / was going through.

Remember the guy in Canada <??> whose boss told him to dispose of 100 sled dogs and then later filed for ptsd with WorkSafeBC ... he had charges filed on him but the company didn't and I feel, in order, for the dogs who did nothing wrong, the guy who killed them as humanely as he could (which admittedly isn't saying much) and not at all for the company.

Yeah there's another thread for this...the article says to look at the county shelter's website for more info but...they don't have anything up.

The video on this link has info on the shelter. It's not too far from where we picked up Jessy. I wish there was a way to help...but I can't have more right now.

We have room for one more because Tink just left, but I'm not sure that that bit of missing isn't too raw to offer another a home right now. I'll shoot off an email and see if they have a paypal or something similar for people who want to contribute to vet costs and such (That is a lot of dogs...)

[MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Marc[/MENTION] if they have a donate specifically for these huskies would it be okay to post around here? I don't want to violate any ToS or the like, but with the genuine outrage our community felt after the Whistler incident in Canada...I'd like to believe that we're willing to help out however we can...even if it's just with a couple dollars or some free time...or yeah.

I might sound naive here, but I don't really think he should be excused with the "financial issues" thing =\ if he knows money isn't looking good, he can always find his dogs a new home and when he's completely out of money at least there won't be such huge amount of starving dogs. I don't want to judge him though, poor guy something terrible must have happened to him :( still, that excuse alone doesn't sound right to me..

I might sound naive here, but I don't really think he should be excused with the "financial issues" thing =\ if he knows money isn't looking good, he can always find his dogs a new home and when he's completely out of money at least there won't be such huge amount of starving dogs. I don't want to judge him though, poor guy something terrible must have happened to him :( still, that excuse alone doesn't sound right to me..

I'd have to agree with mydiamond, and trust me I've had hard financial times, but still, finding new homes for a few if not most of his animals far before they were in this condition is the only humane thing he could have done if things were that hard.

No, it doesn't, but if you're trying to find a job, get food for your table and everything is going south, well, shit happens. I'm not defending the guy but let's not crucify him until all the information is in. If, at that time, it was outright, don't give a damn, neglect / abuse then I'll lead the pack. We know what the animals went through, we don't know what he is / was going through.

Remember the guy in Canada <??> whose boss told him to dispose of 100 sled dogs and then later filed for ptsd with WorkSafeBC ... he had charges filed on him but the company didn't and I feel, in order, for the dogs who did nothing wrong, the guy who killed them as humanely as he could (which admittedly isn't saying much) and not at all for the company.

I don't think he tried to do it humanely at all but is making excuses :/ but something came out of those poor 100 sled dogs at least with new rules and such :)

Hope people can help these dogs out. I'm sure some of the dogs were on the team that finished the Iditarod and deserve better treatment than what they have been given.

The Shelter has issued a plea for donations, and the first priority is FOOD. If you are able to donate, or to foster or adopt a dog, please contact the Fond du Lac Humane Society at 652 Triangle Road Fond du Lac, WI 54935. Phone: (920) 922-8873.

Hope people can help these dogs out. I'm sure some of the dogs were on the team that finished the Iditarod and deserve better treatment than what they have been given.

The Shelter has issued a plea for donations, and the first priority is FOOD. If you are able to donate, or to foster or adopt a dog, please contact the Fond du Lac Humane Society at 652 Triangle Road Fond du Lac, WI 54935. Phone: (920) 922-8873.

Jennet filed in a foster application, and Steph sent some donations I think :D *sigh* this is one of those days when I wish I had a paypal acc :(

Well another update, most of the females are pregnant, so they need foster homes to help whelp litters..

This is such a mess, I wish people were more responsible.

goodness!! :(

best of luck for them all... I know there ARE golden-hearted people out there.