Finally got my elkhound

I would not call it smooth sailing so far, but we are trudging along. My husky (Maverick) and my Elkhound (Loki) are hit and miss right now. Mav wants to exert dominance. Loki gets tired of it. Loki is very nice to Hobbes (the cat), but Hobbes wants very little to do with him. Things are getting better though after the first 24 hours.

Here he is.

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

with my niece

IMG_3888.jpg

Thanks for posting more photos, have been looking out for them!

Introducing a new pack member can be quite a tiring time. Hopefully things will settle down soon when they sort things out. X

Awwwww your post brings back such happy childhood memories, we had elkhound called Sasha :)

Great job adopting, we've just brought a foster boy home and he is busy sorting out the pack order with our own boy, we are just letting them get on with it, it's only become vicious once and they both have a little war wound. Currently lying flat out asleep very close to each other :)

Im sure you're guys will soon be best of friends x x