lead question

Dinocookies

it's down to personal preference... how old is the dog? Where do you intend to put him/her on such long lead? Beach? Dog park? Forest? How persistent of a puller he/she is? How good is his/her recall? lots of things to think of, really

I have 100ft ones I found the 50ft just didn't give my boy enough space 2 run around happily n I kept having 2 run with him as if would hit the end and take me flying

But my girl doesn't need 100ft cuz she has never ran the full length of it

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Edited by BingBlaze'n'Skyla

Should I get a 50 or a 100ft lead for playing fetch and stuff at the park?

Are you sure about this? I once thought I would play fetch with mine ... she does not fetch and from my understanding most sibes just give you that attitude look "you wish I'm going to get that for you". But I'd get a 100ft lead, no restrictions. And when it comes down to it, just think, with a 100ft lead you can always make it 50ft (just shorten it), with a 50ft lead you cannot make it 100ft.

Are you sure about this? I once thought I would play fetch with mine ... she does not fetch and from my understanding most sibes just give you that attitude look "you wish I'm going to get that for you". But I'd get a 100ft lead, no restrictions. And when it comes down to it, just think, with a 100ft lead you can always make it 50ft (just shorten it), with a 50ft lead you cannot make it 100ft.

My boy plays fetch :-)

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Ours now play fetch...BUT it cannot be a stick, and you must have multiple balls that all look exactly the same in a bucket with you. They have to look the same so that I can trick Eponine into dropping the ball willingly when she sees that I have it in my hand. Weird but eh... (Fox only plays because Eponine wants the ball. Eponine wants the ball and we're still working on 'drop it' with her...as she's very selective about when she wants to pay attention...and if she gets one little petting of encouragement...it's all over...all she can think of is...I want pets)