Toothache!

Val (Zebedee)

Know exactly how you feel my top right has come through well its still coming through now about half way there it has given me so much pain i couldnt eat very well for a bit with it also but i know what you mean with the pain it does go right up your jaw etc made my whole right side of my face absolutely kill!

well, I had an x-ray as the dentist thinks it's an abscess (or two!), but as it / they are new abscesses, they wouldn't show up on an x-ray for up to 3 months! As he suspected, x-ray inconclusive, so pain meds continue & a script fpr penicillin for 7 days & see how it goes, he doesn't want to go drilling & removing if there is no need. So we shall see ...

I'm double your age & am still waiting for my impacted wisdom teeth to make an entrance! Speaks volumes!! :lolman: I did get told not to hold a warm compress to my cheek, it would help ease the pain but it would draw any infection through my cheek! :jawdrop:

Big hugs and sympathy - hope you're feeling better soon! Had my wisdom teeth (impacted and wouldn't have come through) removed when I was in my 20s, so haven't experienced them coming through, but have had an abscess - no fun! :grouphug:

Uh oh !!! hope you feel better soon. Im 44 and have impacted wisdom teeth, every now and then they rumble a bit but seem to have settled down now. I hate dentists and would rather get in the ring with Mike Tyson than go to dentist :(

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed about 10 months ago, but before I had them taken out somedays i would be in so much pain i couldn't even play my flute (I'm studying music performance at my university) so I have to play everyday. It was awful, sometimes it would even spur on horrible migranes. I'm so glad I got them out!

Well, I'm halfway through the penicillin, the pain has thankfully largely subsided. I can eat normal food again, not sloppy, baby food that I didn't have to chew!! Days of soup & porridge was not fun! :P So hopefully that is the end of it.

I have never been bothered by going to the dentist so that is not an issue (there's an idea for another thread!!) but I just hate toothache. I really sympathise with everyone who has it for whatever reason & hates the dentist to the point they won't go.