Sitting in the rain

Mae8725

Hey guys I am new here but I have a question. I have a Two year old Husky named Guerin. He mainly stays outside and runs around in his fenced in area (not on a chain before you yell at me) He has a great spacious dog house that is actually under our high up porch so he has a great place to go in case of rain and if we arent home. However he seems to prefer sitting in the rain and playing in the mud. By the time we go out to bring him in he is soaked and we cannot figure out why he won't go into his shelter. Have showed him many times including me going in there with him. But he still seems to prefer sitting in the rain. Should I be concerned??? Or is this a completely normal behavior trait.

Haha Yea I broke down and brought his muddy little paws inside for the day. It keeps storming and has for a few days figured let him enjoy some ac for a while. Thanks tho. I am glad to know this might be normal

Hey guys I am new here but I have a question. I have a Two year old Husky named Guerin. He mainly stays outside and runs around in his fenced in area (not on a chain before you yell at me) He has a great spacious dog house that is actually under our high up porch so he has a great place to go in case of rain and if we arent home. However he seems to prefer sitting in the rain and playing in the mud. By the time we go out to bring him in he is soaked and we cannot figure out why he won't go into his shelter. Have showed him many times including me going in there with him. But he still seems to prefer sitting in the rain. Should I be concerned??? Or is this a completely normal behavior trait.

we have a dog house in the front garden, but storm prefers to sit in the rain.

My parents malamute cross is obsessed with water in any form, from sprinklers, the hose, rain and snow, he cannot get enough, and loves being outside in the rain, just sits on the deck and waits for a critter to run by.

My Blue is a completly different story. He's a big chicken! hates water, rain, hose, pool, even tub. He has to really need to pee to go out in the rain and if you forget him out there, hello death stare! He if its snowing he never wants to come in.

Some dogs really do enjoy the rain its cooling and cleans their fur naturally without all our gross human chemicals mucking up their hard gotten smells lol. Kiana would rather be snout deep in water than be forced to stay inside on a good old rainy day (here in Washington that's 360 days of the blasted year)