Ah, children problems =\

mydiamond

I visit Crollie again this afternoon... Met the owner's youngest daughter who's reluctant to let Crol go. I can understand.. She's about 7-8 years old this is her first dog how can she let him go? :( took a short walk with her, Crol and Dime... Crol pulled like a train LOL she tried her best to control him but Crollie--a 4-month old baby--overpowered her x) so fun to watch these two (the girl and Crollie) playing together :D reminds me of how much I wanted a dog as a small child :oops the thought that I will soon take Crollie away from her is breaking my heart :( she deffo loves Crol, but she's so young she doesn't understand that Crol isn't living a happy life in her family's house. I tried to teach her how to leash-train a dog (stupid me LOL) and the side effects of boredom (because Crol is rarely walked) in huskies, but just like any other small children her response is always the same: "let him be" or "I don't care" :S can't imagine how do I tell her a dog is not for her when the time comes for me to bring Crollie home :confused: so far this little girl is the only reason Crol hasn't gone anywhere. Everyone else in her family already agreed that Crollie is barely being cared for and he needs a new home, but they didn't let Crollie go anywhere yet simply because this girl is not allowing "her dog" to go. Ah, what a complex in one hand I feel evil for separating this lil' girl from her beloved Crollie but in the other hand I fell in love with Crollie already I can't let him live in a house where he was tied in a short lead 24/7, rarely walked and often let off-lead :(

I know I still have to pass the final exam week before I can get Crollie, but this is already confusing me now :S

I'm pretty sure my dad overheard me when I'm talking to my friends the other day :rolleyes: it still depends on my scores tho... If I pass with flying colors, I know he'll come here. I just know LOL

EDIT: it also depends on this little girl! :S

Edited by mydiamond

I'm pretty sure my dad overheard me when I'm talking to my friends the other day :rolleyes: it still depends on my scores tho... If I pass with flying colors, I know he'll come here. I just know LOL

EDIT: it also depends on this little girl! :S

oh lol.

well think of it from her perspective, its probably her best friend in the whole world and you are going to come and take him away.

maybe the parents need to get her a less maintenance pet/

ah right forgot to post this: Crollie is a result of an accidental litter. Whoever his breeder is must've panicked (probably because of the litter size) and gave all the pups away without doing any interview/home check. Crol's current owner know nothing about huskies, he only wants to help his friend so took the dog in turns out it's not the pet that suits his family =\ his wife doesn't like Crollie one bit she wants the dog to leave the moment he arrives (from what I heard) so... yea a bit of a messed-up background story here :S only if he knew better, I don't think this is the kind of family that would even adopt a guinea pig :confused:

You could always try approaching it from a completely selfish point of view...

'You know Dime is sooo sad that he doesn't have anyone to play with...wouldn't it be great if Crollie could hang out with him all day everyday?'

Do your tests and...well this may be a bandaid case as well...better to pull it off quickly than to let it rip out every little hair slowly as it drags on and on...

Additionally the longer he's there learning bad habits...the rougher it's going to be on you to break him of them.

You could always try approaching it from a completely selfish point of view...

'You know Dime is sooo sad that he doesn't have anyone to play with...wouldn't it be great if Crollie could hang out with him all day everyday?'

Do your tests and...well this may be a bandaid case as well...better to pull it off quickly than to let it rip out every little hair slowly as it drags on and on...

Additionally the longer he's there learning bad habits...the rougher it's going to be on you to break him of them.

don't you worry the exam week will end next Tuesday or so. Then it's time to sit with my dad and tell him that he has been outvoted by my mom and bro LOL that's a pretty nice approach :D

Situations like this are hard but the family has decided and knows that Crollie needs a better home. They need to sit down with the little girl and explain things to her since they are the parents.

Maybe since you guys are neighbors the little girl can come n walks wit you, Dime & Crollie from time to time (not all the time lol) that way she can still see "her" dog :)

Situations like this are hard but the family has decided and knows that Crollie needs a better home. They need to sit down with the little girl and explain things to her since they are the parents.

Maybe since you guys are neighbors the little girl can come n walks wit you, Dime & Crollie from time to time (not all the time lol) that way she can still see "her" dog :)

yea her dad don't want Crollie to go to anyone else but me because he wants his daughter to be able to pay Crol a visit whenever she misses him :) not really gonna let her walk Crol tho she's letting him chew anything he wants on walks and don't correct him properly when he pulls :S that really is too bad because I walked Crol once and he's excellent on-lead IF handled properly.