Looking for some breeding info!

ZachDKingNH

Im all for neutering.

It didnt change my boy, but I didnt want it to because he didnt have any major issues which needed to change.

I also agree that the person who owns the stud dog should be as equally responsible for any puppies brought into the world.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless his dog has a really desirable show or working pedigree and has been proven in the ring or on the trail, it's highly unlikely that a reputable breeder will want to use his dog at stud, even if health checks have been done. There are so many good quality dogs out there, owned by people they know, either personally or by reputation, that it's easier to use one of their dogs. Additionally, if you know the ancestors in the dog's pedigree - and many of us who show and/or sled will be familiar with many dogs in a show/working pedigree - you will be better able to predict what you will get from a breeding.

I agree. The only reason i said that in the first place was experience. I've been there when people have stopped my mother and asked to use our male lab. Like i said before, she decided she didn't want to breed him. She literally has a stack of business cards from people who said to call them if she changed her mind. Maybe it's just the area i live in, but that's what happens here.