Dry food help with choices please.

Would like some opinions on a couple of brands that im thinking about switching my 8 month old husky onto.

He's currently been fed weighwrights, however his stools seem to be rather inconsistent. I have also been told by my breeder that its acceptable to change to adult food at eight months old..... not sure how true this is?

So i've been looking at a couple of other brands and would like some opinions.

Chudleys working crunch

Royal Canin

Arden Grange

Orijen

As you can see the prices varies between all of these above brands from relatively cheap to the more expensive dog food.

So the price of the food is not an issue.

Looking forward to some opinions, thanks. :)

Have used Royal Canin but didnt really help with Kaya's runny poos.. but i am now on supadog sensitive - so gone from the expensive to cheap but it is working a treat! I get from Amazon, on an automatic order now and it works out at £20.22 i think for a 12kg bag - i read up that it is gluten free, so thought i would give it a go and i am 4 months in now. I do include carrot, scrambled eggs, and different fresh meats too.

Molly grew up on Royal Canin, but I needed something that was better value for money. A few folk on here recommended this:

http://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk/det/1924/Buy-2-Autarky-Adult-Chicken-Rice-or-Salmon-Rice-15Kg-from-15-99-per-Bag-FREE-DELIVERY/

It costs about £35.00 for 2 15 kg sacks - that works out to about £1.00 a week. I bought some and it is working out fine. In addition, I feed raw chicken carcasses, chicken thighs and cooked mince/veg/sausages a few times a week so that they don't get bored with kibble. The kibble is hypo - allergenic so it does not contain anything other than meat, rice and veg.

Molly was put onto the adult version 2 weeks before her first birthday, but they do one for younger dogs if that helps.

You might consider Taste of the Wild. It's grain-free, all stages of life, 6 star rating on dogfoodanalysis, and should be less expensive. But you can't go wrong win Orijen.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.